Quality Inn Outlet Mall
Travel Blogs from Saint Augustine
This morning we went to the Fountain of Youth, which is a Spanish dig site. It was home to the first white settlement in America.
1. A musket firing
2. The planetarium (to show how early explorers navigated)
3. A canon firing (it was loud)
4. The Fountain of Youth spring (it tasted sulphuric)
5. A native Indian village (an old Indian burial site)
6. Mission de Numbers (the earliest ...
We had a sleep in and then went out to the Fountain of Youth which is where America was first settled. We went and saw how to work a musket. After that we saw a canon. It was very loud when it was fired. We saw some shelters of some Indians that once lived here.
Today we went on a Segway Tour.
1. Flagler College (the first hotel that had electricity)
2. A cathedral (it had a pipe organ with the most pipes in the world)
3. A popsicle shop (it had home made popsicles that were delicious)
4. A house on fire (it nearly took the chocolate shop!!!)
After lunch went to a animal rescue and rehabilitation park for exotic ...
After a 2 1/2 day drive from Boston we arrived in St. Augustine. St. Augustine is an easy town love given its history, quaint historic downtown, plenty of activities and of course a FORT! Being Bostonians we tend to think of the Mayflower as more or less the first European settlement in the U.S., or maybe Jamestown, VA. However, while Jamestown was established in 1607 and Plymouth Plantation was 1620, St. Augustine was established by the ...
... for any objects ahead or to the left or right of us. That was it. Hmmm. Seemed easy enough. By 2am I found myself hanging over the port side vomiting. Sea sickness. Just a minor case but awful just the same. Anthony prepared a comfy possy in the fresh air - where I spent laying down, incapacitated for the remainder of that journey. This was my welcome and intro to ...
How has this motel rated in the past?
Travelers also recommend:
- More recommendations