Ocean Sands Beach Inn
How has this motel rated in the past?
Travelers also recommend:
- More recommendations
TripAdvisor Reviews Ocean Sands Beach Inn Saint Augustine
Travel Blogs from Saint Augustine
This morning we went to the Fountain of Youth, which is a Spanish dig site. It was home to the first white settlement in America.
1. A musket firing
2. The planetarium (to show how early explorers navigated)
3. A canon firing (it was loud)
4. The Fountain of Youth spring (it tasted sulphuric)
5. A native Indian village (an old Indian burial site)
6. Mission de Numbers (the earliest ...
We had a sleep in and then went out to the Fountain of Youth which is where America was first settled. We went and saw how to work a musket. After that we saw a canon. It was very loud when it was fired. We saw some shelters of some Indians that once lived here.
Today we went on a Segway Tour.
1. Flagler College (the first hotel that had electricity)
2. A cathedral (it had a pipe organ with the most pipes in the world)
3. A popsicle shop (it had home made popsicles that were delicious)
4. A house on fire (it nearly took the chocolate shop!!!)
After lunch went to a animal rescue and rehabilitation park for exotic ...
... with a three hour drive across Florida to our resort, the Bali Hai in Holmes Beach on Anna Maria Island where we will reside for the next 6 weeks. The temps soared to 24C and rain gave way to heat and humidity quenched by a dip in the pool. On route, we stopped at Cracker Barrel and thought we were going to finally use the last $25 gift cert from Dave but our lunch was slow and was comped so we still have $25 left for another visit. ...
Finally our pre season preparation was complete, provisions stashed and stowed, crew ready! The lead up to this day built a certain amount of anxious excitement. Having never sailed before or even knowing if I suffered with sea sickness, it was a world of unkown's and firsts for me.
The trust in your skipper is essential when you realize that your life is in ...