- Free High-Speed Internet
- Free parking
- Pets allowed
Photos of Lakehead Lodge
TripAdvisor Reviews Lakehead Lodge
Travel Blogs from Lakehead
- After a nice day at SOU we made our way back home.
- On the way down into California we stopped to Mt. Shasta national forest.
- It is one of the world's largest and most impressive stratovolcanoes.
- We camp out here for the ...
We started the day by going to the headwaters of the Sacramento River, which starts right in the city of Mount Shasta, at the base of the mountain. You can drink the water there because it comes right from the ground, so there is nothing to contaminate it yet. I filled up my water bottle and jug and used this water for my day. It was cool to see the start of the Sacramento River, which is a huge river that flows right ...
Traveled from El Dorado Hills, California to Redding, California
- Stopped at Redding 11:10 a.m. and left at 11:30 a.m.
- I stopped at Arco gas station
- The bathrooms were not too nice, but they were decent
- Bought a water bottle, chips and beef jerky but I was not too hungry because of my big breakfast
- Food Costs: $4.50
- Gas Costs: $37.27
... beads, jewelry, clothing and people that were so kind and open and informative. It was definitely a stop well worth the time. As we were leaving, we were told of a place to stop and fill up water jugs at a river's head. I don't recall the name of the place but awe man was the water delicious and cold!!! So energizing and natural.
Now we're off again to our stop before visiting Yosemite in the morning.
... There for sure has to be "The Artful Odyssey II" because the bucket list item was to travel Route 101, ALL THE WAY to the Canadian border.)
Our first stop was at Shoreline Campground in Crescent City, CA at a lackluster spot just off the highway. A weather front was moving in, kind of ...