Historical Park Motel
How has this motel rated in the past?
TripAdvisor Reviews Historical Park Motel Denison
Travel Blogs from Denison
... of the day was my sisters query "Why are we not seeing more potato fields? I thought Idaho was famous for its potato production?"
We were in Iowa.
- On my way to Grandma's house I stayed at the Lewis and Clark state Park
- Stayed there for 2 days and checked out some local monuments
- While looking around at the park I met a Native American woman who was a descendant of the Native American that accompanied Lewis and Clark as a guide on their joureney
- She had many stories to tell about her ancestors and their customs
- after spending $75.29 on gas I finally make it to my grandma's house ...
- 4 A.M.
- These constant 4 hour drives are starting to get on my nerves.
- Knowing we are almost there is the only thing keeping me going.
- Gassed up at Chevron.
- Bought some dry ice which should last us the rest of the way.
- We get back to it after stretching and walking around a bit.
- Gas Cost: $47.15
- Ice Cost: $7
... two full 18 wheelers ie. tractors & trailers....American size !! Needless to say the buffet was great and that was my one meal of the day....possibly week !The rest of the day was racking up the miles again; very warm and long straight roads. Passed Des Moines & the town, Winterset, Iowa, where John Wayne was borne and perhaps should have popped in. Shame I am not here on the 25th as Maureen O'Hara ...
Having a great time. I love Iowa. I love the rolling hills. I love the green. I love the tall trees and the fields of corn in neat rows. I love the fireflies.