Days Inn Duncan
Travel Blogs from Duncan
3. Visit to John Lobb Shoes and given a personal tour by Neil McLaran. Then visiting in his after- work pub.
4. Stonehenge and touching a Henge stone at Avebury.
5. Dinner with Cade and Jill at Wolseley's.. it was so surreal to be in London together.
1. Anne Frank's original diary. The realization that she was Grant's ...
... with the sundowner on the shore of Lake Manyara with flamingo and my birthday dinner with the presentation of a birthday cake, wine from Garis clan from Tuscany AND the staff singing Happy Birthday in Swahili . (The kitchen roof caught on fire during the same dinner)
5. The first upclose lions at Klein's Camp. I mean REALLY close and mating. ( Grant is scarred for life)
After much encouragement from my friends Jane and Elena, I am going to attempt this travel log. I apologize now for the grammar and spelling, but hopefully I can describe the fun adventure we are having and all will be forgiven. We are departing tomorrow for my 50th birthday adventure. I have been telling Rick for the past 5 years that I wanted to go on African Safari for my 50th birthday. I don't think he ever believed me until this February when I began planning. ...
... directly opposite the old jail - now a little museum. After donning some additional clothing, we continued our journey travelling through some amazing countryside and quaint little towns - some with a population of just a few hundred. We reached Wichita Falls hoping to enjoy the Cajun festival but they had changed the date! So we decided to push on, after about 50 miles the sky started getting very dark and we ...
... We then drove by the school where Brian and Chris attended school and where they first played soccer.
We then returned to the motohome just before the skies opened up and the winds came. After living there for three years, we never forgot the intensity of an Oklahoma thunderstorm, and this one reinforced that memory!
The next day we decided to lay over an extra day to go to the commissary and PX, watch some football and chill.