Best Western Inn of Palatka
Travel Blogs from East Palatka
This morning we went to the Fountain of Youth, which is a Spanish dig site. It was home to the first white settlement in America.
1. A musket firing
2. The planetarium (to show how early explorers navigated)
3. A canon firing (it was loud)
4. The Fountain of Youth spring (it tasted sulphuric)
5. A native Indian village (an old Indian burial site)
6. Mission de Numbers (the earliest ...
Today we went on a Segway Tour.
1. Flagler College (the first hotel that had electricity)
2. A cathedral (it had a pipe organ with the most pipes in the world)
3. A popsicle shop (it had home made popsicles that were delicious)
4. A house on fire (it nearly took the chocolate shop!!!)
After lunch went to a animal rescue and rehabilitation park for exotic ...
... high school, who lives nearby in Palm Coast. She and John picked me up one evening and we had dinner at their house. It's as much fun to remember old times as it is to make new memories.
Mar 21 -- On the road again, about 20 miles north on A1A in St. Augustine, I am camped at the Elks Lodge.
Connie and I did the 2-hour Red Train Tour of St. Augustine on Saturday in an open air tram. I always ...
... and decisions of that man. I sailed out of St Augustine, under the Bridge of Lions with utmost confidence in my well sailed skipper.
Conditions were a little boisterous with some decent swell. With 270nm ahead of us there was ample time for me to begin learning the rules of the road and become acquainted with the movement of a catamaran in open seas. ...
... would just have to use a converter/transformer with when we return home.
Here in America, the day after Thanksgiving is the Black Friday Sales. These sales are huge and in comparison to the Boxing Day Sales we have back home. With many people lining up for shops to open, hours after finishing their Thanksgiving dinners...we stayed put at home and hoped we may find something on sale that we wanted (like a Christmas tree, winter boots, etc) in the ...