Blue Jay Lodge
How has this motel rated in the past?
- Continental Breakfast
- Free High-Speed Internet
- Swimming pool
- Wheelchair accessibility
- Free parking
Photos of Blue Jay Lodge
Travelers also recommend:
- More recommendations
TripAdvisor Reviews Blue Jay Lodge South Lake Tahoe
Travel Blogs from South Lake Tahoe
The drive from Yosemite to Lake Tahoe was long and windy through the mountain ranges. It took us nearly six hours to drive 217 miles, it was pretty painful and even Dylan was starting to feel a little car sick by the end. The first day was freezing cold and foggy so we just did a little exploring in South Tahoe where we were staying. This was …
- I woke up at 10am
- I had breakfast at a local coffee shop
- I left Tahoe at 12pm
- I first stopped at a gas station and got gas and then I started on my way back to Sacramento
- It took me 2 1/2 hours and it was 121 miles and then I was home! ...
... the forest area. There were huge pine cones all over so I pinched one and put one in my bag for my mum. We sat down on some beautiful spots and looked out over the lake and talked about life. It was lovely. We then came to a road and the houses were out of this world. I would give anything to live in one them. After our walk we returned back to camp to do some laundry and have a shower. Tea was provided by Sofia, Ros ...
... 15 mins of the trip was nice...we all fell asleep after that... Our loft style cabin is pretty cool! We have a pool table, a hot tub & a steam room...and yes a fire!! We went for a walk to get some groceries & scout out the takeaway restaurants & for the boys to arrange ski hire & lift tickets. No skiing tomorrow as was planned as it is too windy & I think they are both mega tired..so it'll be a nice rest day tomorrow ...
... long as you are not afraid of heights.
7. Proper footwear (hikers and water sandals) is a necessity in this part of the world. Sneakers and flip flops will make for sore legs and blisters.
8. When traveling with four teens/pre-teens, plan to eat at least every hour - kids are constantly hungry, especially when they are constantly active.
9. Bea is fine with driving on mountainous roads, as long as she is driving on the ...