Will's Traveler Profile
- English teacher.
- Favourite music
- Electronic, rock, alternative, and some world music.
- Hobart, Australia.
- Favourite movie
- Apocalypse Now
- English, some Polish and a little Spanish.
- Favourite quote
- "I should like to spend my whole life travelling, if only I could borrow another to spend at home" - William Hazlitt
- Interests and hobbies
- Travelling, seeing the sights, climbing peaks, discovering history, learning languages, and relaxing with a good film.
- One thing I want to do before I die
- Trek around Mt Kailash in Tibet.
- Favourite book
- FICTION - Fugitive Pieces, by Anne Michaels. NON FICTION - Guns, Germs and Steel, by Jared Diamond
- My friends describe me as
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- My life has been a series of amazing moments. I'd need to write a book.
Recent Entries by Will
My monumental fix. - Mar 11, 2004
Saying goodbye to Federico and Yamelis the next morning, I got a cab out to the bus terminal, where I was beseiged by hawkers trying to offer me a cheap ride to Santa Clara. Still on my own at this...
No rest for the weary - Mar 12, 2004
I only spent the one night in Santa Clara, and it took a good four hours the next morning to get from Santa Clara to Trinidad, as we took what looked on my map like the extremely long route! I met ...
A change of scenery - Mar 15, 2004
A stroke of luck found me in Viñales a day earlier than expected! I met two english guys on the bus from Trinidad to Havana, who were more opposite than any other travel companions I had ever met! ...