Wareameye's Traveler Profile
- Toto Tours - Adventure Travel for the GLBT Community
- Favourite music
- Classical, movie scores (the modern equivalent of classical music), musicals
- Favourite movie
- Out of Africa, The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, ET
- English, and a little Spanish
- Favourite quote
- One day at a time
- Interests and hobbies
- Besides travel, skiing, hiking, coffee with friends, the never ending quest for spiritual enlightenment
- One thing I want to do before I die
- Learn the words to "I Did It My Way!" ;-)
- Favourite book
- The Four Agreements
- My friends describe me as
- Well traveled, humorous, witty, fun to hang out with
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- Other than the births of my two children, the moment I witnessed a full solar eclipse on a ship in the Caribbean with a volcano blowing its top on one hand, and a huge water spout on the other, and the rush of darkness swooping my way. Unforgettable!
Recent Entries by Wareameye
Temples of Esna and Edfu - Mar 18, 2015
This morning we walk from the ship to the Temple of Khnum at Esna. It was built by the Roman Emperor Claudius, and over the centuries filled up with silt from the Nile during the annual floods. You...
Return to Cairo - Mar 22, 2015
We have a gloriously restful morning at the Seti Resort, enjoying the perfect weather and drinks beside the pool. The flight to Cairo stops in Aswan, and we bus across the tarmac to a different pla...
Temples saved from rising Lake Nasser - Mar 20, 2015
Abu Simbel is the place where two massive temples were rescued from the rising waters behind the High Aswan Dam in the 1960s. They were cut apart and reassembled piece by piece, 60 meters above the...