Vermaakjeanne's Traveler Profile
- Project Manager / Business Analyst
- South Africa
- Favourite movie
- Love Actually
- English, Afrikaans, Xhosa
- Favourite quote
- In the end it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years...
- Interests and hobbies
- Travel, adventure, sport, friends, animals, hiking, anything outdoors or adventurous...
- One thing I want to do before I die
- I want to make a significant difference somewhere, somehow... That's still TBD. I also want to get up close and personal with a whale or even a whale shark... Would love to go traveling in Asia again, and also New Zealand and Australia...
- Favourite book
- The Alchemist - Paulo Coelho, and The Road Less Traveled by M. Scott Peck
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- I've had many amazing moments as I've been safeguarded by angels watching my back, making everything ok. Every time my life goes awry, be it while traveling or otherwise, it all ends up being ok in some way, and not always through intervention of my own..
Recent Entries by Vermaakjeanne
Katse Roundtrip - Hell has never been so good - Nov 3, 2012
They say that ignorance is bliss… we'd touched on it a few times this trip already but in this instance if I knew then what I know now… I’m not sure I’d have embarked on the...
Semonkong to Katse - Nov 2, 2012
We hit the road rather early, saying goodbye to the two Swiss girls who were headed out on horseback to view the Maletsunyane falls. The reason for the early departure was that we would take the ol...
Namaqualand - An ocean of flowers!!! - Aug 26, 2011
I'll let the pictures tell the story. The flowers of Namaqualand are incredible!!! And can only recommend that people go and see them for themselves to behold this amazing phenomenon!!