Thirsty-boots's Traveler Profile
- Astrophysics & Public Policy
- Favourite music
- Favourite quote
- "Wealth I ask not, Hope, nor Love, Nor a friend to know me. All I ask, the Heaven above and the road below me." -Robert Louis Stevenson, Songs of Travel
- Interests and hobbies
- Photography, Mountaineering, Mountain Biking, Cycling, Kayaking, Snowboarding
- One thing I want to do before I die
- Jump into the Devil's Pool in the Zambezi River
- Favourite book
- Long Walk to Freedom: Autobiography of Nelson Mandela
- My friends describe me as
- Ethically Loyal & Calm Under Pressure
Recent Entries by Thirsty-boots
Valley Forge, PA: Mountain Bike the Battlefield - Oct 20, 2012
I love cycling since I first learned how to ride at age 10. As a refugee family in a new country, we didn't have money for a trainer bike. The bike that my brother and I shared had been picked up f...
Yosemite National Park: 1st Visit & Hantavirus - Sep 4, 2012
It is interesting to point out that my first visit to Yosemite National Park occurred during a public health crisis. My friend Alison and my brother Callen warned me about it a few weeks prior to t...
Lee Vining: Among Millions of Flies at Mono Lake - Sep 6, 2012
My friend Thinh and I took a break from Yosemite National Park and visited Mono Lake in Lee Vining, CA. This is the only place on Earth where I saw literally millions of black flies and none of the...