The-rambler's Traveler Profile
- designer / journalist
- Favourite music
- south africa
- Favourite movie
- apocalypse now
- english, some afrikaans, some portuguese, smatterings of others
- Favourite quote
- he who lives in two houses has no home
- Interests and hobbies
- wondering, wandering, travelling, ambling, rambling, angling ....
- One thing I want to do before I die
- bring peace, health and wealth to the world
- Favourite book
- blood meridian, journey to the end of the night
- My friends describe me as
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- looking down a very long, straight road
Recent Entries by The-rambler
The book: What time is the bus? - Aug 4, 2014
Hi folks (though I am sure some of you may have already forgotten who I am/was) It seems this journey never ends. Or somehow the magic book just keeps generating new chapters. After those ...
Test drive across Sri Lanka - Mar 19, 2008
How do you plan a two-year, 50,000km, backpacking trip? The truth of the matter is that you probably can't. You give yourself a start point, an end point, a wobbly trajectory and a loose time fr...
Tales of the tiller men - Jun 15, 2008
Crossing most of South America by river is easy. Get yourself to the mouth of the Amazon River, brush up on the obrigados, board a few open-air ferries, hoist the old hammock, keep up a steady c...