Suzyinbenin's Traveler Profile
- International Development
- Favourite music
- all kinds, especially kind you can move to
- Corpus Christi, TX
- French (fluent), Haitian Kreyol, Italian (not bad),Spanish (getting worse), Fulfuldie, Fon, Bariba, and Bambara (I can greet like a champ!)
- Interests and hobbies
- reading, writing, chatting with friends and strangers, and...traveling, of course! :)
- Favourite book
- The Alchemist by Paolo Coelho; in the travel genre some are Shutterbabe by Deborah Copaken Kogan, Around the Bloc and Mexican Enough (by fantastic friend and Corpus native Stephanie Elizondo Griest), Tales of a Female Nomad, and many more
Recent Entries by Suzyinbenin
Earthquake - Feb 6, 2010
Before I moved to Haiti, I had mentally prepared myself for many calamities: hurricanes, conflicts, kidnapping, landslides, floods. Earthquakes did not make the list. So on January 12, when I heard...
Running: An(d) Exercise - Dec 24, 2009
It's the day before Christmas, and while I should be writing some sort of holiday missive with reflections on mistletoe, Santa, and "gifting," instead, I offer as my Christmas gift to readers out t...
And...a real entry on xMAS (and birth and death) - Dec 24, 2009
Lookey here! Two blog entries in one day! Once again, I am merely sending along a short little piece written in that free-writing group, but as it is about Christmas, I felt compelled to share it. ...