Soul11's Traveler Profile
- Scuba Diver
- Favourite music
- Anything from Southern gospel to grunge, and lots of things in between, as long as it's got substance.
- Favourite movie
- Big Fish, Pride and Prejudice, 300, Oceans etc
- English, Spanish and a little French
- Favourite quote
- Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. --Albert Einstein
- Interests and hobbies
- knitting, writing, live music, any water based activity (ww rafting, SUP, surfing, scuba diving etc)
- One thing I want to do before I die
- Favourite book
- David Suzuki's The Legacy.
- My friends describe me as
- creative, adventurous, practical and independent
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- The first time I stood up and rode a wave into shore; I was hooked and realized that surfing isn't a right, it's priveledge. Second only to that was the moment I took my first breaths underwater as a scuba diver. Life changing stuff...
The journeys that I have been priveledged to take thus far, have broadened my perspective on many things, one of them being, that lifes' beauty and true meaning are found in the simple things; friends, family, or a great cup of Costa Rican camp coffee.
I have great designs to travel to far off places, like New Zealand, Austrailia, Italy, and Brazil. The list is endless, and for that I am glad. There will always be another story unfolding or dream to chase, new place to see.
I have grand dreams of one day being an underwater photographer and videographer, the grandest dream of all would be to work for National Geographic. I believe in dreaming BIG. I mean really, if you're going to dream: GO BIG or GO HOME.
Recent Entries by Soul11
My home away from home - Jan 26, 2013
Thank god for Granada! I knew absolutely nothing about this place before I got here and I'm loving discovering the nooks and crannies of it. I got here to the hostel this afternoon, the driver...
To go where no Northern girl has gone before.... - Oct 27, 2011
If you can, picture this; you're soaked to the bone due from monsoon rain and you're sitting in a riverboat on the Pacific Ocean with 100 yards to go until you get to shore and the captain stops th...
On the road again - Dec 14, 2012
Today I officially moved into my new pad, and it turns out that the ride to work passes right by my front door. Que bueno! It feels as though I have been welcomed into a secret circle, not only hav...