Shanemilli's Traveler Profile
- professional vagabond and sometimes lion wrangler
- under the stars, baby.
- Yiddish (not really). Some english. That's about it.
- Favourite quote
- "Travel is glamorous only in retrospect." - Paul Theroux
- One thing I want to do before I die
- not be on another overloaded boat during a massive storm, off Koh Phi Phi.
- Favourite book
- Blind faith by Ben Elton, and Paul Theroux's great railway bazaar
- My friends describe me as
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- Being charged at by an oxe on an island in Laos. Or riding the Trans-Siberian Rail. Or almost dying on my birthday while on an overloaded boat during a massive storm, off Koh Phi Phi.
Recent Entries by Shanemilli
Road Trip To Pai - Mar 2, 2010
Slept through my alarm. Or more likely I didn't set it correctly last night. Damn roof scotch. Jeff woke me at 6.15am. We quickly dressed and were on our bikes out of the old town by 6.40. Chia...
the last 2 days... - Mar 5, 2010
After checking into our guesthouse in Chiang Mai we split up for the afternoon. I walked down ally ways, passing temples and quiet gardens. For lunch I had a veggie Pie, chips and gravy at an Irish...
Death flight - Mar 4, 2010
Pai airport is the smallest I've ever been to. The departure lounge was a tin shed. Seriously. The plane arrived a bit after we arrived, a 10 seater cessna. We even got a tiny meal box which was cu...