Schwanman's Traveler Profile
- Favourite music
- Nearly everything, but emphasis on Classical, Jazz, Classic Rock
- East Chicago, IN
- Favourite movie
- "Vertigo"; "It's a Wonderful Life"; "The French Connection" "Apollo 13"
- English, some Spanish, some German, a little Italian
- Favourite quote
- "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the places and moments that take our breath away."
- Interests and hobbies
- Music, History, Travel, Outdoor activities (golf, swimming, boating, hiking, etc.), Photography
- One thing I want to do before I die
- Get back in touch with one or two people in particular. It's happened in one instance!
- Favourite book
- "On the Road" (Kerouac) also "The Old Man and the Sea" (Hemingway)
- My friends describe me as
- Friendly, curious, moody sometimes
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- Several: Seeing the Grand Canyon; Experiencing absolute silence in the Mojave Desert; Hearing great music in the great cities of Europe; Meeting the great musician Leonard Bernstein.
Recent Entries by Schwanman
Pearl Harbor -- To Honor And Remember - May 9, 2015
Addendum -- 9/02/15 We've done some editing on this entry from its original form in order to update it. We've also included many shots from around Honolulu that we didn't send while we were ther...
So...How's The Weather In Seattle? - May 6, 2015
Well, it depends on where you are. Monday evening it was absolutely clear and beautiful and we enjoyed spending time in one of Seattle's historic areas, Pioneer Square. We had dinner in a place whe...
Island Hopping - May 3, 2011
5/3/11 -- 9:00pm local time -- aboard the MV Louis Cristal Hello! It's been a wild two days. First, we got the news about Osama Bin Laden via BBC and Euronews TV. It's definitely big news her...