Schwanman's Traveler Profile
- Favourite music
- Nearly everything, but emphasis on Classical, Jazz, Classic Rock
- East Chicago, IN
- Favourite movie
- "Vertigo"; "It's a Wonderful Life"; "The French Connection" "Apollo 13"
- English, some Spanish, some German, a little Italian
- Favourite quote
- "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the places and moments that take our breath away."
- Interests and hobbies
- Music, History, Travel, Outdoor activities (golf, swimming, boating, hiking, etc.), Photography
- One thing I want to do before I die
- Get back in touch with one or two people in particular. It's happened in one instance!
- Favourite book
- "On the Road" (Kerouac) also "The Old Man and the Sea" (Hemingway)
- My friends describe me as
- Friendly, curious, moody sometimes
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- Several: Seeing the Grand Canyon; Experiencing absolute silence in the Mojave Desert; Hearing great music in the great cities of Europe; Meeting the great musician Leonard Bernstein.
Recent Entries by Schwanman
Hello From Our Oldest City: St. Augustine - Feb 1, 2016
Hello Once Again!<br clear="none"> We're doing double-duty tonight, following the Iowa caucuses and filling you all in on our road trip. First, thanks for the great response regarding our picture ...
Life Is Good In Fairhope, Alabama - Jan 26, 2016
Hi, Everyone!<br clear="none"> Just a quick check-in here, actually from Perry, Florida, where we're spending the night. We left Fairhope, Alabama Tuesday morning after a terrific stay with our f...
Kennedy Space Center -- Fun And Inspiring - Feb 12, 2016
Our visit here was on Feburary 2nd and 3rd, 2016. This piece was written back in Chicago February 12th. Hello Once Again--<br clear="none"> We've been back in Chicago for a week -- and still tr...