Schwanman's Traveler Profile
- Favourite music
- Nearly everything, but emphasis on Classical, Jazz, Classic Rock
- East Chicago, IN
- Favourite movie
- "Vertigo"; "It's a Wonderful Life"; "The French Connection" "Apollo 13"
- English, some Spanish, some German, a little Italian
- Favourite quote
- "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the places and moments that take our breath away."
- Interests and hobbies
- Music, History, Travel, Outdoor activities (golf, swimming, boating, hiking, etc.), Photography
- One thing I want to do before I die
- Get back in touch with one or two people in particular. It's happened in one instance!
- Favourite book
- "On the Road" (Kerouac) also "The Old Man and the Sea" (Hemingway)
- My friends describe me as
- Friendly, curious, moody sometimes
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- Several: Seeing the Grand Canyon; Experiencing absolute silence in the Mojave Desert; Hearing great music in the great cities of Europe; Meeting the great musician Leonard Bernstein.
Recent Entries by Schwanman
Island Hopping - May 3, 2011
5/3/11 -- 9:00pm local time -- aboard the MV Louis Cristal Hello! It's been a wild two days. First, we got the news about Osama Bin Laden via BBC and Euronews TV. It's definitely big news her...
Bonjour From Quebec! - May 19, 2014
Hi Again! It`s been a very full day and a half in Quebec City, arriving here late on Sunday afternoon via ferry boat. After driving into Canada from Maine, we drove to the city of Levis (Luh-VEE...
Heading Home From Canada - May 22, 2014
Hello Once Again! We're in Woodstock, Ontario, Canada this evening, ready to head west into Michigan. It's been another journey for the books, complete with ups and downs, but -- so far -- nothi...