Schwanman's Traveler Profile
- Favourite music
- Nearly everything, but emphasis on Classical, Jazz, Classic Rock
- East Chicago, IN
- Favourite movie
- "Vertigo"; "It's a Wonderful Life"; "The French Connection" "Apollo 13"
- English, some Spanish, some German, a little Italian
- Favourite quote
- "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the places and moments that take our breath away."
- Interests and hobbies
- Music, History, Travel, Outdoor activities (golf, swimming, boating, hiking, etc.), Photography
- One thing I want to do before I die
- Get back in touch with one or two people in particular. It's happened in one instance!
- Favourite book
- "On the Road" (Kerouac) also "The Old Man and the Sea" (Hemingway)
- My friends describe me as
- Friendly, curious, moody sometimes
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- Several: Seeing the Grand Canyon; Experiencing absolute silence in the Mojave Desert; Hearing great music in the great cities of Europe; Meeting the great musician Leonard Bernstein.
In 2015 I did a series on the history of Chicago's Pullman District, which was honored with two awards. In 2016, I completed a series celebrating the 100th Anniversary of our National Parks, truly a labor of love!
Recent Entries by Schwanman
Life Is Good In Fairhope, Alabama - Jan 26, 2016
Update: We've added some items to reflect our total time in Fairhope, also in Punta Gorda, Florida. Hi, Everyone!<br clear="none"> Just a quick check-in here, actually from Perry, Florida, wh...
Key West...What A Mix! - Jan 30, 2016
Update: This is a slightly revised version from what we wrote in Key West, to correctly identify the pictures included. Hi From Key West, Florida!<br clear="none"> It's the end of a very long ...
Hello From Our Oldest City: St. Augustine - Feb 1, 2016
Hello Once Again!<br clear="none"> We're doing double-duty tonight, following the Iowa caucuses and filling you all in on our road trip. First, thanks for the great response regarding our picture ...