Schwanman's Traveler Profile
- Favourite music
- Nearly everything, but emphasis on Classical, Jazz, Classic Rock
- East Chicago, IN
- Favourite movie
- "Vertigo"; "It's a Wonderful Life"; "The French Connection" "Apollo 13"
- English, some Spanish, some German, a little Italian
- Favourite quote
- "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the places and moments that take our breath away."
- Interests and hobbies
- Music, History, Travel, Outdoor activities (golf, swimming, boating, hiking, etc.), Photography
- One thing I want to do before I die
- Get back in touch with one or two people in particular. It's happened in one instance!
- Favourite book
- "On the Road" (Kerouac) also "The Old Man and the Sea" (Hemingway)
- My friends describe me as
- Friendly, curious, moody sometimes
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- Several: Seeing the Grand Canyon; Experiencing absolute silence in the Mojave Desert; Hearing great music in the great cities of Europe; Meeting the great musician Leonard Bernstein.
Recent Entries by Schwanman
Westward To Hawaii...First Stop Seattle - May 4, 2015
Hi, Everyone! We'll be leaving for Hawaii this morning, but our first stop will be Seattle. We'll re-visit a couple of our favorite places there, spend time with family -- and remember those who...
Hello From Hilo - May 11, 2015
Aloha Once Again! It's 8:30 Sunday evening. We left Honolulu this morning for Hilo on Hawaii, the Big Island. You may have heard about an earthquake here Saturday that was a magnitude 4.5, or s...
Pearl Harbor -- To Honor And Remember - May 9, 2015
Aloha From Honolulu--<br clear="none"> We've been here since Wednesday afternoon, enjoying the weather and the beauty of this place. But Thursday was spent largely at Pearl Harbor and the places d...