Sashadasha's Traveler Profile
- Currently, world travelers on a mission to explore the world and make new friends.
- Together we speak, English, French, Russian, Hebrew and Tagalish
- Favourite quote
- "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. " - Twain
- Interests and hobbies
- Travelling, exploring the world and making friends, volunteering, photography and hiking.
- My friends describe me as
- Two free-spirits with one hand holding our backpacks and another hand giving a peace sign
Sasha and Dasha left their family, friends and careers almost a year ago to embark on a trip of a lifetime. After many years working in the corporate world, it was time to truly do something more life fulfilling and life changing than the regular 9-5.
There were many who cheered us on and many who questioned our dream of living the nomadic life. Both the cheering and inquiries have kept us on our feet, and helped expand our awareness with an open mind and heart.
With the support of each other, friends and family, we are happy to have made it this far....and still going strong!
We hope we can share what we've learned and experienced through our travel blog. When we look back, one year ago, we truly agree, "it was the best decision we made!"
So sit back, relax, take a moment, and come along to a whole new world with us!
Feel free to leave a comment or two. We would love to hear from you.
Sasha and Dasha (SD)
Recent Entries by Sashadasha
This is not the END... - Oct 13, 2013
It has been 7 months since we set foot in our homeland, Canada. Sometimes, it is still hard for us to believe that we completed an amazing journey around the world from start to finish, visiting di...
Big Bang Christmas - Dec 24, 2012
Merry Christmas from Peru! We made it after 18 hours by bus along winding and bumpy roads to Puno, a beautiful little town situated by one of the biggest Alpine lakes in the world, Lake Titicaca...
Building Clean Stoves in Xela - Mar 20, 2013
Hi friends! Being in Quetzaltenango (Xela) was definitely the highlight of our stay in Guatemala. This second most populated city has very few tourist attractions. Make no mistake though, all v...