Sarabanda's Traveler Profile
- Being a professional is only getting paid to do something that others have the good fortune to do for love or charity
- Favourite music
- Listening to right now: Pink Martini 's version of Amado Mio
- In the City of Churches
- Favourite movie
- Remembering "Truly, Madly Deeply" and mourning the sudden death of its director
- a little Spanish, a smattering of French and German and what passes for English in Australia
- Favourite quote
- Translated from the Spanish - a toast: "To love, health and wealth and the time to enjoy them'
- Interests and hobbies
- I dance a little, can use a sword and am learning the cello. I collect wine, love to cook using the fresh vegies and herbs from my garden.
- One thing I want to do before I die
- Nothing, 'cos I want my passing to be a surprise to me as well
- Favourite book
- The one I will find time to finish
- My friends describe me as
- Strange at times, which may not be a good thing to have on your tombstone
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- Don't know, hope it takes place in my future for if it has already happened, and I have missed it, then I am mightly annoyed.
Recent Entries by Sarabanda
The Milonga Diaries - Mar 17, 2010
March 2010 Buenos Aires My week or so dedicated to all things tango passed too quickly. I think of it now in a mix of images or music and rhythms in my head. From the outset I forced myself into...
What's new Buenos Aires? - Mar 4, 2010
Monday 1st March Well here I am, back in one of my favourite cities on the planet, Buenos Aires - a city that is maddening, fascinating, vibrant, cramped, wistful, generous, suspicious and passion...
Oscar and Gustavo - Apr 15, 2008
After 15 hours crossing the Pacific,with brief transit stops in Auckland New Zealand and Santiago Chile, I arrived in Buenos Aires, feeling and looking like your average long haul survivor: Definit...