Rootsandroutes's Traveler Profile
- Helen: charity/voluntary sector hero with a penchant for documentary photography; Ant: political geographer trying his hand at travel writing.
- English, a fair chunk of French, and picking up handfuls of words in a lot of other languages along the way
- One thing I want to do before I die
- My friends describe me as
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- Too many to choose from.
Neither of us are professionals at what we are doing and always appreciate constructive feedback. We do it for the love of it, and hope the love will rub off on some of you folks out there too...
Recent Entries by Rootsandroutes
Meanders in Melaka - Oct 6, 2012
The journey to the former Dutch settlement of Melaka was simple and comfortable, with Elgin and Carsten kindly dropping us off in Kuala Lumpur on their way to take the children to Capoeira class. H...
Living on the wild side in Batu Arang - Oct 5, 2012
The lofty ceilings and *********e walls of the old Kuala Lumpur railway station echoed as we walked through its cavernous, near-deserted interior. So empty was this place that the hollow sounds of ...
Kuala Lumpur: high towers & crushed digits - Sep 24, 2012
The ferry from Georgetown across the sliver of sea to the train station at Butterworth was only a fifteen-minute hop, with plenty of time to catch the train to Kuala Lumpur. We joined the mass of p...