Robmarfox's Traveler Profile
- Secondary School Teacher(Rob)/Medical Reception(Mary)
- Favourite music
- Country and Western, Classical, 60's & 70's pop
- Stratford, Taranaki and Gore New Zealand
- Favourite movie
- Dr Zhivago, Out of Africa / Mrs Doubtfire,Mamma Mia,
- Favourite quote
- "Now listen here and Listen Good" John Wayne
- Interests and hobbies
- swimming,walking, reading, fishing, travel, sports, stamps
- One thing I want to do before I die
- Drive around Australia/ Visit India and Africa
- Favourite book
- Wilbur Smith novels/Danielle Steele
- My friends describe me as
- Friendly, caring and easy to get on with and a good sense of humour
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- Having Four healthy Children and 7 grandchildren
From 1972 -1986 we lived and worked in 4 locations-Stratford,Tokoroa,Te Atatu and Masterton. During these years we were blessed with 4 lovely children - 2 boys and 2 girls.In 1986 we took the plunge and moved to Perth WA. I obtained a teaching post at a Catholic Girls School, St Thomas Aquinas in Bedford. This was to amalgamate in 1989 to become Chisholm College. Joining as a foundation staff member of the new Co-ed College I rose to the position of Deputy Principal in 1999 a position I served in till my retirement from fulltime teaching in 2011.
At the end of 2011 Mary and I moved into our new house in Busselton. Our children have long ago left home and we have 7 grandchildren aged from 18 to 3
Recent Entries by Robmarfox
Broome and Barnhill Station - May 11, 2015
We departed from Derby at about 9.30 am for the 215 km trip to Broome. Our coffee stop was at a rest area south of the Fitzroy river and apart from keeping an eye out for wandering stock the trip w...
Kununurra to Derby - May 6, 2015
It was 35 C at 9.30am as we left Kununurra and took Great Northern highway towards Halls Creek. The road conditions were a vast improvement from the Northern Territory which made for a more comfort...
Katherine to Kununnarra - May 1, 2015
Friday May 1st. Left camp about 10.30am and went in to Katherine for diesel and the dump point then set off toward the WA border. Had a stop for lunch at a rest area and then an ice cream at Victor...