Robmarfox's Traveler Profile
- Secondary School Teacher(Rob)/Medical Reception(Mary)
- Favourite music
- Country and Western, Classical, 60's & 70's pop
- Stratford, Taranaki and Gore New Zealand
- Favourite movie
- Dr Zhivago, Out of Africa / Mrs Doubtfire,Mamma Mia,
- Favourite quote
- "Now listen here and Listen Good" John Wayne
- Interests and hobbies
- swimming,walking, reading, fishing, travel, sports, stamps
- One thing I want to do before I die
- Drive around Australia/ Visit India and Africa
- Favourite book
- Wilbur Smith novels/Danielle Steele
- My friends describe me as
- Friendly, caring and easy to get on with and a good sense of humour
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- Having Four healthy Children and 7 grandchildren
From 1972 -1986 we lived and worked in 4 locations-Stratford,Tokoroa,Te Atatu and Masterton. During these years we were blessed with 4 lovely children - 2 boys and 2 girls.In 1986 we took the plunge and moved to Perth WA. I obtained a teaching post at a Catholic Girls School, St Thomas Aquinas in Bedford. This was to amalgamate in 1989 to become Chisholm College. Joining as a foundation staff member of the new Co-ed College I rose to the position of Deputy Principal in 1999 a position I served in till my retirement from fulltime teaching in 2011.
At the end of 2011 Mary and I moved into our new house in Busselton. Our children have long ago left home and we have 7 grandchildren aged from 18 to 3
Recent Entries by Robmarfox
Singapore, Perth and Home - Jan 11, 2015
We were up and away from the apartment just after 7am and took the tram to Zurich Flughafen arriving there just after 8. We were soon checked in and though we had access to the Panorama lounge we f...
Exploring Salzburg - Nov 11, 2014
The train trip from Spittall to Salzburg was very comfortable once we had managed to get on board, free myself from the door that tried to trap me, find our compartment and stow our luggage. then w...
Millstatt for 7 days - Nov 5, 2014
We departed Rome on time at 7.50am and had a pleasant rail trip to Venice Mestre station where we changed to a coach for the trip to Villach. Train got up to 250kph in places and there were lots of...