Robmarfox's Traveler Profile
- Secondary School Teacher(Rob)/Medical Reception(Mary)
- Favourite music
- Country and Western, Classical, 60's & 70's pop
- Stratford, Taranaki and Gore New Zealand
- Favourite movie
- Dr Zhivago, Out of Africa / Mrs Doubtfire,Mamma Mia,
- Favourite quote
- "Now listen here and Listen Good" John Wayne
- Interests and hobbies
- swimming,walking, reading, fishing, travel, sports, stamps
- One thing I want to do before I die
- Drive around Australia/ Visit India and Africa
- Favourite book
- Wilbur Smith novels/Danielle Steele
- My friends describe me as
- Friendly, caring and easy to get on with and a good sense of humour
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- Having Four healthy Children and 7 grandchildren
From 1972 -1986 we lived and worked in 4 locations-Stratford,Tokoroa,Te Atatu and Masterton. During these years we were blessed with 4 lovely children - 2 boys and 2 girls.In 1986 we took the plunge and moved to Perth WA. I obtained a teaching post at a Catholic Girls School, St Thomas Aquinas in Bedford. This was to amalgamate in 1989 to become Chisholm College. Joining as a foundation staff member of the new Co-ed College I rose to the position of Deputy Principal in 1999 a position I served in till my retirement from fulltime teaching in 2011.
At the end of 2011 Mary and I moved into our new house in Busselton. Our children have long ago left home and we have 7 grandchildren aged from 18 to 3
Recent Entries by Robmarfox
Whyalla(SA) to Uluru(NT) - Apr 11, 2015
We left Whyalla just before 10 am and set off for Port Augusta about 75km away. The weather was fine , the road good and the traffic light so we made good time and were soon turning onto the Stuart...
South Australia and the Eyre Peninsular - Apr 6, 2015
We were up and away early next morning and were soon at the Quarantine station at Ceduna where we declared our onion, red pepper and tomato. We were allowed to keep the onion and he had a look in t...
Crossing the Nullabor - Apr 2, 2015
After a pleasant night we breakfasted and packed up and set off again toward Balladonia at 9.30am. Shortly after Balladonia we start the longest stretch of straight road in Australia, 146.6 kms tha...