Robmarfox's Traveler Profile
- Secondary School Teacher(Rob)/Medical Reception(Mary)
- Favourite music
- Country and Western, Classical, 60's & 70's pop
- Stratford, Taranaki and Gore New Zealand
- Favourite movie
- Dr Zhivago, Out of Africa / Mrs Doubtfire,Mamma Mia,
- Favourite quote
- "Now listen here and Listen Good" John Wayne
- Interests and hobbies
- swimming,walking, reading, fishing, travel, sports, stamps
- One thing I want to do before I die
- Drive around Australia/ Visit India and Africa
- Favourite book
- Wilbur Smith novels/Danielle Steele
- My friends describe me as
- Friendly, caring and easy to get on with and a good sense of humour
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- Having Four healthy Children and 7 grandchildren
From 1972 -1986 we lived and worked in 4 locations-Stratford,Tokoroa,Te Atatu and Masterton. During these years we were blessed with 4 lovely children - 2 boys and 2 girls.In 1986 we took the plunge and moved to Perth WA. I obtained a teaching post at a Catholic Girls School, St Thomas Aquinas in Bedford. This was to amalgamate in 1989 to become Chisholm College. Joining as a foundation staff member of the new Co-ed College I rose to the position of Deputy Principal in 1999 a position I served in till my retirement from fulltime teaching in 2011.
At the end of 2011 Mary and I moved into our new house in Busselton. Our children have long ago left home and we have 7 grandchildren aged from 18 to 3
Recent Entries by Robmarfox
2nd Week in Prague - Dec 17, 2014
It was a quiet start to our second week in Prague. I wandered off mid morning to the Museum of technology about 3 blocks away while Mary went off to look for something to fix her bag strap. The ...
Mallorca to Valencia and on to Marseilles - Oct 30, 2014
We did not depart Mallorca till late in the evening and were berthed at Valencia by 9am. After we breakfasted at the buffet we took the shuttle again and had an interesting wander through the the s...
Cruising with Cunard on the Queen Elizabeth - Nov 28, 2014
Friday 29th 2pm. What a lovely surprise to open our stateroom door and find that we have a balcony and a bottle of bubbly on ice waiting to welcome us. With our bags still to arrive it was off to d...