Paulej4's Traveler Profile
- Favourite music
- Put the player on Shuffle. Just not rap; I can't get into it.
- Favourite movie
- The Princess Bride, Dr. Strangelove, It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World, Close Encounters of the Third Kind. And, for a moment, at least, almost every independent film I see.
- English only. How sad.
- Favourite quote
- "Time marches on."
- Interests and hobbies
- Travel (I've been to 115 countries so far), financial literacy, personal responsibility
- One thing I want to do before I die
- Attend an Indian Wedding
- Favourite book
- I am not reading much lately; I don't have a good reason why.
- My friends describe me as
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- Holding my grandsons; reminding me of, years ago, holding my son and later my daughter in the same way. Wow.
Recent Entries by Paulej4
More Fun Than A Beryl Full of Monkeys - Aug 10, 2015
Dawn comes early on the South African bush but we've been up for an hour when it happens. The light shimmers on the river and we glimpse hippos in the pool. We've seen them before but we are direct...
Who needs caffeine when surrounded by lions? - Aug 9, 2015
It's Sunday, August 9, 2015, in South Africa; a national holiday: Women's Day. On this date a group of very brave black women marched in protest of apartheid, we’re told. I nearly march in pr...
Up a Lazy River Lodge - Aug 8, 2015
August mornings in the South African bush are cold everywhere but particularly so in low lying terrain. As we bundled up in our Land Rover at 5:45 this morning, we all (seven "tourists" and three s...