Oneyearaway's Traveler Profile
- Investment advisor, high school chemistry teacher, kids (3)
- Favourite music
- Classic jazz, bad '90s rock
- Richmond, VA, Philadelphia PA, Chester PA (kids)
- Favourite movie
- Cinema Paradiso
- English, limited French, barbarous Spanish
- Favourite quote
- Never give in (Winston Churchill)
- Interests and hobbies
- Travel, wine, soccer (football ex-US)
- One thing I want to do before I die
- See Carcassonne
- Favourite book
- Lord of the Rings, Cry the Beloved Country, Eragon
- My friends describe me as
- Jim is intense, funny, middle-aged and getting fatter. Amy is the most charming person on the planet. Our kids are healthy, active, and very happy to miss a year of school.
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- The births of each of our three children.
Recent Entries by Oneyearaway
Charm City - Jul 15, 2008
(Jim) I'm going home where the sun keeps shining Through the pouring rain Home where the weather Suits my clothes B. J. Thomas Our two U. S. air flights, from Vancouver to Las Vegas and...
Dam big - Jun 2, 2008
(Jim) On the third day of our Yangtze cruise we crossed the Three Gorges Dam. First we docked so that we could take a tour of the dam and supporting infrastructure. The Three Gorges dam across t...
"Free" health care - Jun 25, 2008
(Jim) Last September I promised a friend and client that I would tackle the issue of health care around the world. Since we are less than a month from the end of our trip and nine months after m...