Maz360's Traveler Profile
- Software Engineer
- Favourite music
- Favourite movie
- The Three Amigos
- English, a little Spanish
- Favourite quote
- Mazzed Up, Maybe, I Don't Know
- Interests and hobbies
- Travelling, rock music, going to gigs, playing piano
- One thing I want to do before I die
- See the world!
- Favourite book
- Blackholes, Wormholes and Time Machines
- My friends describe me as
- A High Maintenance Geek??
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- So many!! Maybe ... Abseiling down Arches Jumping out of a plane over Vegas Getting up close with lions in the Serengeti Flying over Victoria Falls in a microlight Sunning myself on Zanzibar Riding on a motorbike in Vietnam ...
My aim is to see as many of the exciting and beautiful places as possible that I've wanted to visit in around a year's time on the budget that I have, and experience as many different cultures as possible. I started off doing organised volunteering and tours but now I'm finding my feet I'm mostly backpacking as the budget is fairly tight and there are always new places to see and new things to do cropping up.
My route is roughly as follows:
Africa: Tanzania for some volunteer teaching, Zanzibar, Victoria Falls, Botwsana, South Africa for some animal volunteering and backpacking
Asia: Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia, Malaysia, Borneo
South America: Argentina, Chile, Bolivia, Peru, Ecuador, Galapagos Islands
Central America: Costa Rica through to Mexico
North America: who knows?!
Recent Entries by Maz360
Via Miami - Feb 14, 2012
After 16 months and 23 countries, I have finally come to the end of this trip!! For me the time has flown by, it feels like I've been away a few weeks. I can hardly believe that it was over one yea...
Mardi Gras in Nawlins! - Feb 7, 2012
Welcome to Nawlins! Now one of my favourite cities in the world ... Everyone in Texas told me scare stories about New Orleans, saying 'its not like the rest of the USA you know, they have their ...
Don't Mess With Texas - Feb 5, 2012
Couchsurfing, free hugs, dueling pianos, shooting guns and a bit of NASA thrown in ... a great last week in Texas! I said goodbye to my friend Dulce and left Fort Worth, boarding the Amtrak train d...