Lmcfarland's Traveler Profile
- Clinical Mental Health Counselor (aka, psychotherapist)
- Favourite music
- Broadway, choral, a capella, classical
- Tennessee, USA
- Favourite movie
- His Girl Friday, Inherit the Wind, An American in Paris, Singing in the Rain, The Princess Bride, Into the Wild
- English (well), German (poorly, but improving)
- Favourite quote
- "One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important." (Bertrand Russell)
- Interests and hobbies
- My dog & cat (make me laugh); salmon, gazpacho, & cookies (prevent me getting thinner); choral singing, piano, word games, canoeing, & hiking (relax me)
- Favourite book
- "A Short History of Nearly Everything," by Bill Bryson
- My friends describe me as
- Conscious, creative, & curious
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- Touring Bagan, Myanmar.
Recent Entries by Lmcfarland
Porto Blitz - Oct 9, 2016
Hello again, Blogonauts! Once we emerged from the grapevine-entwined hills that surround the Rio Douro, our first destination was Aveiro, a former port whose harbor has long ago silted in. What rem...
Have Fun Storming the Castle! - Oct 6, 2016
Hello again, Blogonauts! In the kaleidoscope of travel tails, sometimes events move around. You can assume, then, that from here on, the calendar dates lose some relevance. Castles, in contrast, te...
Vino, Vidi, Drinki! - Oct 5, 2016
Hello, again, Blogonauts! For us on Tuesday and Wednesday, the Portuguese landscape transformed from undulating, boulder-strewn ridges to steep, terraced, vineyard-covered hillsides. We had spent t...