Lmcfarland's Traveler Profile
- Clinical Mental Health Counselor (aka, psychotherapist)
- Favourite music
- Broadway, choral, a capella, classical
- Favourite movie
- His Girl Friday, Inherit the Wind, An American in Paris, Singing in the Rain, The Princess Bride, Into the Wild
- English (well), German (poorly, but improving)
- Favourite quote
- "One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important." (Bertrand Russell)
- Interests and hobbies
- My dog & cat (make me laugh); salmon, gazpacho, & cookies (prevent me getting thinner); choral singing, piano, word games, canoeing, & hiking (relax me)
- Favourite book
- "A Short History of Nearly Everything," by Bill Bryson
- My friends describe me as
- Conscious, creative, & curious
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- Touring Bagan, Myanmar.
Recent Entries by Lmcfarland
Table Talk - Sep 29, 2016
Hello, again, Hungry Blogonauts! You know, sometimes readers are not subtle. "Show us the food!" Over the past several journeys, feedback suggests that photos of phood...err...food are very popular...
The Cologne of the Ashes - Sep 27, 2016
Hello, again, Blogonauts! Today we have tales of resilience! Re-emergence! Reconstruction! (OK ... Admittedly, that shows an optimistic spin. Told from another viewpoint, we might conclude instead ...
Like A Rhein-Stein Kuh-boy (err...Wein Bauer?) - Sep 24, 2016
Hello, again, Blogonauts! This region of the Rhine valley (or in German, "Rhein"...no matter, because they are pronounced the same) is bespeckled with Gothic castles, hillside vineyards, and mediev...