Lmcfarland's Traveler Profile
- Clinical Mental Health Counselor (aka, psychotherapist)
- Favourite music
- Broadway, choral, a capella, classical
- Favourite movie
- His Girl Friday, Inherit the Wind, An American in Paris, Singing in the Rain, The Princess Bride, Into the Wild
- English (well), German (poorly, but improving)
- Favourite quote
- "One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important." (Bertrand Russell)
- Interests and hobbies
- My dog & cat (make me laugh); salmon, gazpacho, & cookies (prevent me getting thinner); choral singing, piano, word games, canoeing, & hiking (relax me)
- Favourite book
- "A Short History of Nearly Everything," by Bill Bryson
- My friends describe me as
- Conscious, creative, & curious
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- Touring Bagan, Myanmar.
Recent Entries by Lmcfarland
Bohemian Rhapsody - Apr 15, 2015
Hello, again, Blogonauts! My goodness, what a delightful city is Prague! Many European cities had to rebuild following WWII's aerial bombing, but Prague was spared the rain of explosive ordinance. ...
Jewish Legacy in Prague - Apr 16, 2015
Before World War II's Nazi invasion, Czechoslovakia's Jews numbered almost 200,000. Following the Nazi relocations to death camps, only between 10,000 and 12,000 survived. That means the death and ...
Slovakian Stopover - Apr 14, 2015
Hello, again, Blogonauts! Although their notoriety is far from equal, Vienna has a neighboring national capital: Bratislava, Slovakia. In fact, at a distance of only about 40 miles, the two are the...