Ligginz's Traveler Profile
- Field Engineer
- Favourite music
- Almost everything
- Favourite movie
- Blood Diamond
- Favourite quote
- Indecision is the key to flexibility
- Interests and hobbies
- Hiking, Cycling
- One thing I want to do before I die
- Something out of the ordinary that takes a lot of time and effort and makes people shake their head!
- Favourite book
- Power of One
- My friends describe me as
- "...an idiot..." following my statement that I was going on this trip
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- Crossing the finish line of the Soggy Bottom 100, to the cheering of my awesome mates, followed by a few beers around a campfire and crashing in my tent.
I am using this trip to help raise funds for WaterAid - a charity that provides clean water sources for African villages that are locally sustainable. If you like the look of this charity (http://www.wateraid.org/), and would like to support our efforts, please check out the donation site:
I will be updating my trip through this weblog when possible, and hope you all enjoy it. Happy Travels.
Recent Entries by Ligginz
The Pinnacle - May 15, 2010
This day was to be the culmination of 4 months of riding, where not only would we reach the goal we had all strived for, but some of us, barring any last minute misfortunes, would achieve the rever...
The Home "Straits" - May 14, 2010
The last week went by in a second and while I am able to pick out some defining points, they are less about the experiences themselves and much more about the time period at which they occur –...
Namibian Backlands - May 9, 2010
This was a full week of dirt ahead and, in the Namibia that we had got a little taste of to date, it was sure to be an exciting and sometimes challenging ride, with spectacular scenery, no doubt to...