Lauren.warnecke's Traveler Profile
- dance artist, educator and administrator
- Favourite music
- mostly folk, alternative and classical, with an occasional show tune
- San Mateo, CA
- Favourite movie
- March of the Penguins, Pan's Labyrinth, Shawshank Redemption, Amadeus, Saving Face
- English, a little French
- Favourite quote
- "If I know what is precious to you, and you know what is precious to me, and we meet and we start a conversation, we will have a much better conversation. ( Yo-Yo Ma)"
- Interests and hobbies
- Hiking, biking, knitting and crafts, compost, cooking and baking
- One thing I want to do before I die
- Figure it Out
- Favourite book
- Oranges are Not the Only Fruit, Anne of Green Gables, Little House on the Prarie, Pride and Prejudice, A Walk in the Woods
- My friends describe me as
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- Sitting at a foggy campsite on the AT with a cup of instant coffee.
Recent Entries by Lauren.warnecke
A Blissful Retreat - Jul 22, 2010
After four days in the backcountry, I would have settled for a flush toilet. Imagine my surprise when we arrived at Creekside Cabin for part II of our Smokies Adventure. This little log cabin is a ...
Bill Bryson was not kidding - Sep 12, 2009
Hiking through Smoky Mountain National Park was one of the hardest, scariest, most exhilarating and awesome things we've ever done. Recommended reading if you ever find yourself taking a jaunt up t...
Our adventure begins - Sep 11, 2009
Well, technically, our adventure is long gone, but I have stalled getting the blog done. Apparently there's no wifi in the backcountry... I can't really begin to explain our backpacking adventur...