Laowaibensen's Traveler Profile
- History Teacher
- Favourite music
- Rock, techno, hip hop, classical, instrumental
- Favourite movie
- The Life Aquatic, Boondock Saints, Kingdom of Heaven, Snatch
- English, Spanish, Coming soon Mandarin Chinese
- Favourite quote
- "Mr. Churchill, you're drunk!" ------ "Yes, ma'am,and you're ugly. However, in the morning I'll be sober." -- Winston Churchil
- Interests and hobbies
- Mountain Biking, canoeing, snowboarding, video games, new books, new movies, old books, cultural exchange, fattening food
- One thing I want to do before I die
- Never, ever settle.
- Favourite book
- The Christian Bible
- My friends describe me as
- outgoing, dynamic, strange, undisciplined, interesting
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- That would be now, I'm coming out of life threatening circumstances and moving literally and figuratively into the light.
Recent Entries by Laowaibensen
Mountain Goat Shuffle - Aug 12, 2014
Well, the third major leg of my summer trip had commenced. This was going to be nice, as unlike back home in the USA or in Tibet, down here in Yunnan I had no plan, no schedule, and no "must return...
Butter Tea and yak stew - Aug 4, 2014
Well getting there is really half the fun isn't it? Turns out, if you LIVE in China getting to Tibet is relatively easy, just some fees and you have to book a tour (Chinese Law) and once you do the...
Dumpling Boomerang - Dec 17, 2013
So I'm a bit late in writing this but whatever. This past summer I had the great fortune to have my parents visit. (Which of course meant they paid for a ton of stuff) I had selected several gre...