Johnacac's Traveler Profile
- Pastor and Author
- Favourite music
- Variety of soft rock, Christian contemporary
- Favourite movie
- Patton, Field of Dreams, Back to the Future, Star Wars series, Indiana Jones series
- Good old English
- Favourite quote
- There are two great days in a man's life: when he is born and when he finds out why!
- Interests and hobbies
- Reading, writing, teaching, and live sporting events
- One thing I want to do before I die
- Visit my family's homeland, Ukraine.
- Favourite book
- The Bible
- My friends describe me as
- A Traveling Fanatic and Purpose Guru
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- Meeting the Lord Jesus in 1973 and then uncovering the riches of the life purpose message in 1981.
I write for four blogs and websites, which include my website, my blog that features a daily devotional from Proverbs, a verse-by-verse study of the New Testament and the Monday Memo, a weekly exhortation to be a person of purpose.
I am married and reside with my wife, Kathryn, in Pittsburgh, PA, where I now serve as administrative pastor at Allegheny Center Alliance Church. I am also president of PurposeQuest International, a personal and leadership development organization I founded in 2001. Kathryn and I are the proud parents of two adult children, John III and Deborah. I love traveling, especially to Africa, and am energized when I speak in conference and leadership-training settings around the world. I also enjoy giving advice as a consultant to leaders and organizations alike.
Recent Entries by Johnacac
A Hospital Visit - Aug 8, 2011
The following update was written by Kathy Rae, who gave this report while John was away in Nairobi. The team met with Amy at her house this morning and then walked with her to Tenwek Hospital. W...
Hi Ho, Everybody's Home - Aug 16, 2011
John arrived back in Pittsburgh today. He is hesitant to say that he arrived early and with all his luggage, since the rest of the team had so many problems. Monday nights and Tuesday are good days...
Uh Oh - Aug 14, 2011
Gumby reared his ugly elastic head again yesterday as the team prepared to leave Kenya. It rained and rained hard. In a country besieged by drought, it is hard to complain about rain, but it rained...