Jackdrury's Traveler Profile
- Don't Have One!
- Favourite music
- Mana (Mexican Band) and Neil Young
- Tottenham Ontario, Canada
- Favourite movie
- Blade Runner and Only Lovers Left Alive
- English ... and I play a bit with Spanish
- Favourite quote
- The Sun Broke Thru the Cloud Like a Silent Cannon
- Interests and hobbies
- Writing, Reading, Trivia, Scuba Diving
- One thing I want to do before I die
- Travelpod says I've visited 36% of the world. I'd need close to 30 more countries to hit 50% and there just ain't 30 more countries in this world that I want to see. Oh well!
- Favourite book
- Alan Furst and Mary Lawson
- My friends describe me as
- The guy who wants to do the remaining 83%
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- Visiting the temples of Bagan at sunrise. Prior to that my most amazing moment was visiting Bagan at sunset - the night previous.
Recent Entries by Jackdrury
Nowhere left to cut and run - Feb 6, 2016
I had to wait nearly an hour while the barber, monocle fixed to his eye and wearing a headlamp, with a tray of sharp tools at hand, performed some sort in inner ear surgery on ...
Darkness on the edge of the Earth - Jan 23, 2016
At first look, aside from the 14 coffins that lie in its courtyard, Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum could still pass for the Phnom Penh high school it once was. In the mid 70s the Khmer...
Deep in the heart of Transylvania - May 19, 2013
Elenka and I had just spent ten days in Brusno, Slovakia with the relatives. After tears and kisses goodbye, cousin Mana dropped us off at the train station in Zvolen, about 20 ...