Jackdrury's Traveler Profile
- Don't Have One!
- Favourite music
- Mana (Mexican Band) and Neil Young
- Tottenham Ontario, Canada
- Favourite movie
- Blade Runner and Only Lovers Left Alive
- English ... and I play a bit with Spanish
- Favourite quote
- The Sun Broke Thru the Cloud Like a Silent Cannon
- Interests and hobbies
- Writing, Reading, Trivia, Scuba Diving
- One thing I want to do before I die
- Travelpod says I've visited 17% of the world. I want to do the remaining 83%
- Favourite book
- Alan Furst and Mary Lawson
- My friends describe me as
- The guy who wants to do the remaining 83%
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- Visiting the temples of Bagan at sunrise. Prior to that my most amazing moment was visiting Bagan at sunset - the night previous.
Recent Entries by Jackdrury
The Monastery, the Beggars and a Change of Plan - Oct 18, 2006
Drepung Monastery, built in the early 1400's, was once the largest monastery in the world. By the 17th century, 7000 monks lived there. Weathered, but still in remarkable condition, it sits terrace...
New cover, same Bad Blood - May 4, 2015
General Store Publishing House published my first novel, Bad Blood, in August 2014. This past January 7, Elenka took me to a fancy restaurant to celebrate my birthday. When we returned...
The business trip to Masaya - May 20, 2003
A couple of years earlier I'd hatched a plan to import hammocks from Nicaragua with the idea of selling them wholesale to retailers in and around Toronto. So Elenka and I flew down to Liberia, then...