Jackdrury's Traveler Profile
- Don't Have One!
- Favourite music
- Mana (Mexican Band) and Neil Young
- Tottenham Ontario, Canada
- Favourite movie
- Blade Runner and Only Lovers Left Alive
- English ... and I play a bit with Spanish
- Favourite quote
- The Sun Broke Thru the Cloud Like a Silent Cannon
- Interests and hobbies
- Writing, Reading, Trivia, Scuba Diving
- One thing I want to do before I die
- Travelpod says I've visited 71 countries of the world. Eight or ten of those have been cruise ship stops so they don't count. There are 196 countries in the world. If I could hit half of them I'd be happy.
- Favourite book
- Alan Furst, Elmore Leonard and Mary Lawson. They're all quite different from one another.
- My friends describe me as
- The guy who wants to see half the countries of the world
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- Visiting the temples of Bagan at sunrise. Prior to that my most amazing moment was visiting Bagan at sunset - the night previous.
Recent Entries by Jackdrury
India - It Seems to be Getting Better - Jan 26, 2009
The waiting area at Jodhpur train station is about the size of a hockey rink. Three quarters of it is filled with people covered in blankets, sleeping side-by-side, not an inch...
Das Boot - Dec 3, 2009
Ellen and I are spending four days on a boat travelling up the coast of Chile, through fjords, bays, channels and open sea. They call the boat a ferry, but that's just a pretty...
The Wind and the Wine and the Pee - Nov 30, 2009
We had our own quiet, little, private room for the first night in Puerto Natales. A handy shared bathroom was right next to us. At 5:30 AM the quiet went away and the bathroom bec...