Jackdrury's Traveler Profile
- Don't Have One!
- Favourite music
- Mana (Mexican Band) and Neil Young
- Tottenham Ontario, Canada
- Favourite movie
- Blade Runner and Only Lovers Left Alive
- English ... and I play a bit with Spanish
- Favourite quote
- The Sun Broke Thru the Cloud Like a Silent Cannon
- Interests and hobbies
- Writing, Reading, Trivia, Scuba Diving
- One thing I want to do before I die
- Travelpod says I've visited 71 countries of the world. Eight or ten of those have been cruise ship stops so they don't count. There are 196 countries in the world. If I could hit half of them I'd be happy.
- Favourite book
- Alan Furst, Elmore Leonard and Mary Lawson. They're all quite different from one another.
- My friends describe me as
- The guy who wants to see half the countries of the world
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- Visiting the temples of Bagan at sunrise. Prior to that my most amazing moment was visiting Bagan at sunset - the night previous.
Recent Entries by Jackdrury
The Monastery, the Beggars and a Change of Plan - Oct 18, 2006
Drepung Monastery, built in the early 1400's, was once the largest monastery in the world. By the 17th century, 7000 monks lived there. Weathered, but still in remarkable conditi...
On the Way to Lhasa - Oct 16, 2006
It occurred to me after boarding the 48 hour train to Lhasa, Tibet that many might not have fully understood the "point and shoot" photo that I sent from our last stop in Beijing....
What a pretty smile and hot legs can do for you - Feb 18, 2016
I picked up a bottle of Beefeater gin from the duty free shop at Phnom Penh airport. Because my backpack was loaded to the hilt I stashed it in Elenka's bag. When we arrived at...