Jackdrury's Traveler Profile
- Don't Have One!
- Favourite music
- Mana (Mexican Band) and Neil Young
- Tottenham Ontario, Canada
- Favourite movie
- Blade Runner and Only Lovers Left Alive
- English ... and I play a bit with Spanish
- Favourite quote
- The Sun Broke Thru the Cloud Like a Silent Cannon
- Interests and hobbies
- Writing, Reading, Trivia, Scuba Diving
- One thing I want to do before I die
- Travelpod says I've visited 71 countries of the world. Eight or ten of those have been cruise ship stops so they don't count. There are 196 countries in the world. If I could hit half of them I'd be happy.
- Favourite book
- Alan Furst, Elmore Leonard and Mary Lawson. They're all quite different from one another.
- My friends describe me as
- The guy who wants to see half the countries of the world
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- Visiting the temples of Bagan at sunrise. Prior to that my most amazing moment was visiting Bagan at sunset - the night previous.
Recent Entries by Jackdrury
The lazy, old American - Apr 10, 2016
I saw my first ever seahorse - seepferdchen in German - while diving a Karst wall near Ao Nang in the Andaman Sea a couple of days ago. Renate Schoenbach and her daughter Julia - p...
Swept Away - Not a Movie - Nov 14, 2012
When the manta turned straight for us I had no fear. It was fully black with a great hooked mouth; its movement reminded me of the Dark Knight in Imax. As it came to within a few metres...
Without Name - Sep 10, 2016
There is a Mexico, New York. There's even a Texas, New York. Texas isn't far from Mexico. Elenka and I stopped at these places after going to a baseball game in Buffalo, on our way t...