Hsb's Traveler Profile
- Helene Barrette is a program manager for an up-and-coming Canadian company.
- Favourite music
- Mainly Jazz -- old classics
- Montreal, Canada
- Favourite movie
- Casablanca and Saving Private Ryan stand out, but so does Bull Durham :-)
- French, English, Spanish and Japanese
- Favourite quote
- If you aren't living on the edge, you're taking up too much space. It has nothing to do with thrill-seeking. It's about making the most of every moment, about stretching your own boundaries, about being willing to learn constantly... - J. Whittaker
- Interests and hobbies
- TRAVELLING, cycling, mountain climbing, reading, travel writing, skiing, scuba diving, movies, photography, and yes... TV...
- One thing I want to do before I die
- Write a book and be published -- be acknowledged as a talented writer.
- Favourite book
- Too many to single one out: historical fiction, non-fiction narratives, travel writings, survival stories...
- My friends describe me as
- From one of them: friendly, caring, compassionate, adventurous, smart, articulate, detail-oriented, strong, persistant, serious, intense, funny
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- 1) Standing on the summit of Kilimanjaro 2) Watching the alpenglow on the face of Everest 3) Staring at the stars over the Indian Ocean in the Maldives 4) Setting a personal altitude record of 6,075m in Peru 5) Tour de France 2009 in Paris
I have used Webshots for several years to store my travel pictures. Please have a look and enjoy!
Recent Entries by Hsb
Why I Loved Diva Camp... - Oct 16, 2011
I have become passionate, over the years, about sports that involve variations in altitude or depth, and that are not confined to a measured field or arena. Forget flat-terrain, line-confined sport...
SUNDAY: The Last Stage of the Tour de France - Jul 26, 2009
Last stage of the Tour de France 2009! I started my day with a great breakfast at the hotel (quite a spread...), followed by a walk up to Place de la Concorde. Everything was already cordoned off, ...
Tour de France '08: "Le Tour Toujours!" - Jul 28, 2008
I'm writing now sitting outside on the sidewalk - again, but this time on Rue de Rivoli, at a Brasserie, having a late lunch of Croque-Madame and an Edelweiss beer, desperate to get out of the very...