Guykb's Traveler Profile
- Favourite music
- Chillout, folk, blues
- New Zealand
- Favourite movie
- Local Hero, Dances with Wolves
- Interests and hobbies
- Travelling, reading, eating
- One thing I want to do before I die
- Keep on travelling - visit more than 100 countries!
- Favourite book
- Reading is for joy - how can you have a favourite? Which child is your favourite?
- My friends describe me as
- Laid back, reflective
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- My most amazing travel moment was on my first visit to Athens - I looked up and there was the acropolis keeping a watchful eye over the city from its high perch. I'm lucky, becasue I have amazing moments all the time.
Recent Entries by Guykb
A city by the river - Dec 4, 2012
There's no doubt that Varanasi is a memorable city for those who visit it. For one reason or another I think it will live on in your memory long after your visit. It certainly will in ours. We star...
Exploring the Douro - Jan 21, 2008
Our riverfront adventures of yesterday had made us keen to take one of the river cruises on offer. We got out early (for us) and headed straight down to the river, again avoiding the funicular and ...
Our last day in Japan - Oct 14, 2013
As planned, we awoke on our last day in Japan in the spiritual setting of Koyasan. We all agreed we'd had a good night sleeping in our separate capsules. The day was at our disposal as our flight d...