Gordon.ye's Traveler Profile
- Geographic Information System
- Favourite music
- Classical, Broadway, Opera, Russian/Italian Folk
- Beijing, China
- Favourite movie
- Indiana Jones Trilogy
- Mandarin Chinese, English, a little Portuguese and French
- Interests and hobbies
- mountaineering, hiking, skiing, capoeira, ethnography, geography, ecology, botany, architecture, photography, landscape/interior design
- Favourite book
- From 1 to Infinity by George Gamow
Recent Entries by Gordon.ye
"Place of Gods" - Holy Land Lhasa - Jun 9, 2016
The name Lhasa means "Place of Gods" in Tibetan. This is the capital of Tibet since the 7th century, also the holiest city in Tibet and center of Tibetan culture. One of the biggest palace-fortress...
The World's highest railway: Qinghai-Tibet Train - Jun 8, 2016
The Qinghai-Tibet railway is the world's highest railway. Completed in 2007, it travels for 1233 miles on the "Roof of the World" - a vast plateau as much as 3 vertical miles above sea level. Only ...
Istanbul, the Golden City - Dec 22, 2015
To see the rest of our photos, visit my Flickr albums here and here. Istanbul, Byzantium, Constantinople - The city bearing all three names is history's longest-lasting powerful city. Rome, Baby...