Garygapyear's Traveler Profile
- Mobile Telecoms Manager
- Favourite music
- All sorts of stuff , very eclectic tastes
- Aylesbury , Bucks , England
- Favourite movie
- Into The Wild
- English , Hopefully quite a bit of Spanish by the end of 2008
- Favourite quote
- "Feel the fear and do it anyway"
- Interests and hobbies
- Travel , Music , Sport , Reading , Internet , Learning Spanish
- One thing I want to do before I die
- Understand what it's all been about
- Favourite book
- "The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho
- My friends describe me as
- Dennis Bergkamp.
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- After many years of very sensible corporate life, finally plucking up the courage to take the plunge and follow my dream to spend a year travelling through Central and South America.
Recent Entries by Garygapyear
Sunny Banos- Bikes, Waterfalls,Trekking and Rummy - Jul 5, 2008
I moved on from Latacunga to Banos which is a town in a very picturesque setting. The town itself , aside from the thermal baths which give the place it's name, seems to consist mostly of an extrao...
Heading south for lakes and volcanoes - Jul 3, 2008
Got up early on Thursday to leave Quito, catching a bus for the relatively short two hour hop down the Pan Americana highway to Latacunga - nice to be on a rather short bus ride for a change instea...
Quito - what a magnificent setting - Jul 2, 2008
I finally arrived in Quito, Ecuador´s capital, on Sunday lunchtime after yet another very lengthy and tiring journey. Couldn´t get a bus in the afternoon on Saturday so had to hang around in Popoya...