Garrynjan's Traveler Profile
- retired- out of retirement occassionally to work the shop at the Golf Resort (Fairview)
- Favourite music
- Favourite movie
- Somewhere in time (Christopher Reeves), Marigold hotel .The Way, Martin Sheen.
- Favourite quote
- there is no such word as CAN'T
- Interests and hobbies
- sewing ,landscaping, decorating,cooking ,entertaining friends
- One thing I want to do before I die
- fall off my perch in Italy- preferably on Amalfi coast
- Favourite book
- Any travel book
- My friends describe me as
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- moments !!!- Italy , travelling the countryside, and their amazing coastal villages , centuries old, clinging to cliff edges. Corfu too, right up there with 'amazing. Portugal - too, a wonderful gritty country....great scenery and lovely people
5 in NZ and 3 with son in Florida.
Since 2004 when we did a 31 day Trafalgar trip through Europe , we have travelled every year. Now with Todd and Talley living in Florida,for 6 months of every year we try to see as much as we can while
enroute to stay in our Condo on their property.
Homeexchanges have made this very affordable.
Recent Entries by Garrynjan
50 shades of green - Sep 23, 2015
Costa Rica...... Our 5 hour bus journey San Jose to the East coast, began at noon after purchasing our 2nd lot of tickets, due to the previous 2 being lost when my backpack was stolen....... ...
Fire down below - Sep 27, 2015
Heredia (a city built on an extinct volcano)....... founded in 1706 at the foot of the Barvo volcano , and home of the National University..... and OH how it can rain!!!!!! Ruthi took us ...
Hot days and cool nights - Sep 20, 2015
A fun start to our last weekend at home in Florida before our next adventure; going with the family to watch them run another 5K event, in which they have competed for several previous years ...