Garrynjan's Traveler Profile
- retired- out of retirement occassionally to work the shop at the Golf Resort (Fairview)
- Favourite music
- Favourite movie
- Somewhere in time (Christopher Reeves), Marigold hotel .The Way, Martin Sheen.
- Favourite quote
- there is no such word as CAN'T
- Interests and hobbies
- sewing ,landscaping, decorating,cooking ,entertaining friends
- One thing I want to do before I die
- fall off my perch in Italy- preferably on Amalfi coast
- Favourite book
- Any travel book
- My friends describe me as
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- moments !!!- Italy , travelling the countryside, and their amazing coastal villages , centuries old, clinging to cliff edges. Corfu too, right up there with 'amazing. Portugal - too, a wonderful gritty country....great scenery and lovely people
5 in NZ and 3 with son in Florida.
Since 2004 when we did a 31 day Trafalgar trip through Europe , we have travelled every year. Now with Todd and Talley living in Florida,for 6 months of every year we try to see as much as we can while
enroute to stay in our Condo on their property.
Homeexchanges have made this very affordable.
Recent Entries by Garrynjan
Cabo San Lucas - May 27, 2014
Our holiday this year commencing with a 2 week homexchange in Cabo San Lucas. Followed by a flight to Lexington, Kentucky to collect our car and a further 2 day drive to Cape May for another 2 we...
Torrey Pine,California - Nov 10, 2014
New things to learn - every day.......... I had become accustomed to the name Torrey Pines, California talked of in the golf world, (as a location) ... however I was to learn different as cousin V...
crossing USA - Part 2 - Oct 24, 2014
Day 6: USA road trip Florida to Los Angeles Departing San Antonio at 6am and driving for 1 & 1/2 hours in the dark, sure gave us a jump start on our long day....600 miles was the target , ...