Garrynjan's Traveler Profile
- retired- out of retirement occassionally to work the shop at the Golf Resort (Fairview)
- Favourite music
- Favourite movie
- Somewhere in time (Christopher Reeves), Marigold hotel .The Way, Martin Sheen.
- Favourite quote
- there is no such word as CAN'T
- Interests and hobbies
- sewing ,landscaping, decorating,cooking ,entertaining friends
- One thing I want to do before I die
- fall off my perch in Italy- preferably on Amalfi coast
- Favourite book
- Any travel book
- My friends describe me as
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- moments !!!- Italy , travelling the countryside, and their amazing coastal villages , centuries old, clinging to cliff edges. Corfu too, right up there with 'amazing. Portugal - too, a wonderful gritty country....great scenery and lovely people
5 in NZ and 3 with son in Florida.
Since 2004 when we did a 31 day Trafalgar trip through Europe , we have travelled every year. Now with Todd and Talley living in Florida,for 6 months of every year we try to see as much as we can while
enroute to stay in our Condo on their property.
Homeexchanges have made this very affordable.
Recent Entries by Garrynjan
Mother Road; Route 66 - Dec 1, 2015
Road trip USA: 2 routes to chose from South out of Santa Fe to Albuquerque; so instead of the big I25 motorway, we took Highway 14 called the Turquoise Trail, through some cute little towns, looki...
It's the final countdown - Nov 25, 2015
Reality has set in this morning , with an email from a work colleague at the Golf Resort at home, asking what date I can start on December roster!!! Crunch time, and with 3 homexchanges already ...
Bring your mattress for a sleepover....... - Oct 15, 2015
These kind words from middle Grandchild (Sophia) as the family felt sorry for us having no air conditioning. How did those early pioneers manage?.......there was no air -con in Florida until the ...