Garrynjan's Traveler Profile
- retired- out of retirement occassionally to work the shop at the Golf Resort (Fairview)
- Favourite music
- Favourite movie
- Somewhere in time (Christopher Reeves), Marigold hotel .The Way, Martin Sheen.
- Favourite quote
- there is no such word as CAN'T
- Interests and hobbies
- sewing ,landscaping, decorating,cooking ,entertaining friends
- One thing I want to do before I die
- fall off my perch in Italy- preferably on Amalfi coast
- Favourite book
- Any travel book
- My friends describe me as
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- moments !!!- Italy , travelling the countryside, and their amazing coastal villages , centuries old, clinging to cliff edges. Corfu too, right up there with 'amazing. Portugal - too, a wonderful gritty country....great scenery and lovely people
5 in NZ and 3 with son in Florida.
Since 2004 when we did a 31 day Trafalgar trip through Europe , we have travelled every year. Now with Todd and Talley living in Florida,for 6 months of every year we try to see as much as we can while
enroute to stay in our Condo on their property.
Homeexchanges have made this very affordable.
Recent Entries by Garrynjan
It's raining,it's pouring!! - Jun 26, 2015
The homes all sit on heavily wooded lots;between half and one acre plots in this area, with narrow 2 lane roads making for slower driving once off the major motorway and lots of double yellow li...
pinch me,pinch me!!! - Jun 17, 2015
Arriving at our destination in Cape Cod, was quite a relief after the heavy traffic we had been driving in for days. School hols and the roads are busy...or maybe it is always like this.Our host...
St Louis to Kentucky - Jun 11, 2015
Thanks for the comments on our first blog - As someone pointed out ...pic of the car please!!! and yes we are so happy with "Sally" - great mileage and ticks all the boxes. The Mississippi river ...