Garrynjan's Traveler Profile
- retired- out of retirement occassionally to work the shop at the Golf Resort (Fairview)
- Favourite music
- Favourite movie
- Somewhere in time (Christopher Reeves), Marigold hotel .The Way, Martin Sheen.
- Favourite quote
- there is no such word as CAN'T
- Interests and hobbies
- sewing ,landscaping, decorating,cooking ,entertaining friends
- One thing I want to do before I die
- fall off my perch in Italy- preferably on Amalfi coast
- Favourite book
- Any travel book
- My friends describe me as
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- moments !!!- Italy , travelling the countryside, and their amazing coastal villages , centuries old, clinging to cliff edgesrl Greece,Corfu;, right up there with 'amazing. Portugal - too, a wonderful gritty country....great scenery and lovely people
5 in NZ and 3 with our son in Florida.
Since 2004 when we did a 31 day Trafalgar trip through Europe , we have travelled every year. With our son and his wife and 3 grandchildren living in Florida ,we travel for 6 months of every year , trying to see as much as we can while enroute to stay in our Condo on their property.
Homeexchanges have made this very affordable.
Recent Entries by Garrynjan
Makes my heart ZING - May 31, 2016
The most important thing to have when travelling is a sense of adventure (something that I am sure Garry wishes that each year I could lose); but as long as we are fit and able, this travelling bug...
I said "swagger" - Jun 7, 2016
more news and pics from Lake Como : I have not been able to set the pin on our location accurately, so have changed it to the village we look at to our left and from where the church bells toll e...
exploring Lombardy, the Lakes and Switzerland - Jun 8, 2016
Italian Lakes...their beauty is extravagant, yet different. Lake Como's scenery is stunning, surrounded by tall mountains that rise directly from the waters edge up to snow-capped peaks, but t...