Garrynjan's Traveler Profile
- retired- out of retirement occassionally to work the shop at the Golf Resort (Fairview)
- Favourite music
- Favourite movie
- Somewhere in time (Christopher Reeves), Marigold hotel .The Way, Martin Sheen.
- Favourite quote
- there is no such word as CAN'T
- Interests and hobbies
- sewing ,landscaping, decorating,cooking ,entertaining friends
- One thing I want to do before I die
- fall off my perch in Italy- preferably on Amalfi coast
- Favourite book
- Any travel book
- My friends describe me as
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- moments !!!- Italy , travelling the countryside, and their amazing coastal villages , centuries old, clinging to cliff edges. Corfu too, right up there with 'amazing. Portugal - too, a wonderful gritty country....great scenery and lovely people
5 in NZ and 3 with son in Florida.
Since 2004 when we did a 31 day Trafalgar trip through Europe , we have travelled every year. Now with Todd and Talley living in Florida,for 6 months of every year we try to see as much as we can while
enroute to stay in our Condo on their property.
Homeexchanges have made this very affordable.
Recent Entries by Garrynjan
100 degrees and rising!! - Aug 23, 2015
I was told of a quick conversion for temperatures the other day: 28F is 82C degrees- and as we reach the high 90's every day, our days are HOT!! and that is not factoring in the high humidity ...
Outer Banks and Kitty Hawk - Jul 7, 2015
Our journey today led us out of Princess Anne ,Virginia (where we had spent the night) and South to the narrowing spit of land that leads to Chesapeake Bay Watershed. This huge expanse of ...
renewing old acquaintances - Jul 3, 2015
WE have returned to Cape May on invitation from neighbours (Jackie & Jorg) of our homexchange last year, to take in the festivities of 4th July celebrations this week. Cape May is a...