Garrynjan's Traveler Profile
- retired- out of retirement occassionally to work the shop at the Golf Resort (Fairview)
- Favourite music
- Favourite movie
- Somewhere in time (Christopher Reeves), Marigold hotel .The Way, Martin Sheen.
- Favourite quote
- there is no such word as CAN'T
- Interests and hobbies
- sewing ,landscaping, decorating,cooking ,entertaining friends
- One thing I want to do before I die
- fall off my perch in Italy- preferably on Amalfi coast
- Favourite book
- Any travel book
- My friends describe me as
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- moments !!!- Italy , travelling the countryside, and their amazing coastal villages , centuries old, clinging to cliff edgesrl Greece,Corfu;, right up there with 'amazing. Portugal - too, a wonderful gritty country....great scenery and lovely people
5 in NZ and 3 with our son in Florida.
Since 2004 when we did a 31 day Trafalgar trip through Europe , we have travelled every year. With our son and his wife and 3 grandchildren living in Florida ,we travel for 6 months of every year , trying to see as much as we can while enroute to stay in our Condo on their property.
Homeexchanges have made this very affordable.
Recent Entries by Garrynjan
Mother Road; Route 66 - Dec 1, 2015
Road trip USA: 2 routes to chose from South out of Santa Fe to Albuquerque; so instead of the big I25 motorway, we took Highway 14 called the Turquoise Trail, through some cute little towns, looki...
It's the final countdown - Nov 25, 2015
Reality has set in this morning , with an email from a work colleague at the Golf Resort at home, asking what date I can start on December roster!!! Crunch time, and with 3 homexchanges already ...
Bring your mattress for a sleepover....... - Oct 15, 2015
These kind words from middle Grandchild (Sophia) as the family felt sorry for us having no air conditioning. How did those early pioneers manage?.......there was no air -con in Florida until the ...