Garrynjan's Traveler Profile
- retired- out of retirement occassionally to work the shop at the Golf Resort (Fairview)
- Favourite music
- Favourite movie
- Somewhere in time (Christopher Reeves), Marigold hotel .The Way, Martin Sheen.
- Favourite quote
- there is no such word as CAN'T
- Interests and hobbies
- sewing ,landscaping, decorating,cooking ,entertaining friends
- One thing I want to do before I die
- fall off my perch in Italy- preferably on Amalfi coast
- Favourite book
- Any travel book
- My friends describe me as
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- moments !!!- Italy , travelling the countryside, and their amazing coastal villages , centuries old, clinging to cliff edgesrl Greece,Corfu;, right up there with 'amazing. Portugal - too, a wonderful gritty country....great scenery and lovely people
5 in NZ and 3 with our son in Florida.
Since 2004 when we did a 31 day Trafalgar trip through Europe , we have travelled every year. With our son and his wife and 3 grandchildren living in Florida ,we travel for 6 months of every year , trying to see as much as we can while enroute to stay in our Condo on their property.
Homeexchanges have made this very affordable.
Recent Entries by Garrynjan
Bob cats for breakfast - Sep 7, 2016
Kentucky- a South Eastern State bounded by the Ohio river to the North and the Appalachian mountains in the East. The State's largest city, Louisville, is home to the Kentucky Derby, the renown...
and NO we are not in Turkey - Aug 16, 2016
Contrary to a bogus email you would have all received last week, asking for money to get us out of a 'fix' at some unknown airport in Turkey, we are very safe with our family in Florida....and I gu...
Sweeping swifts and church bells - Jul 3, 2016
Held tightly within its walls, Assisi is a magical place and the fact that practically nothing has changed since the Middle Ages has kept its enchantment; within the rolling hills of Tuscany; ...