Garrynjan's Traveler Profile
- retired- out of retirement occassionally to work the shop at the Golf Resort (Fairview)
- Favourite music
- Favourite movie
- Somewhere in time (Christopher Reeves), Marigold hotel .The Way, Martin Sheen.
- Favourite quote
- there is no such word as CAN'T
- Interests and hobbies
- sewing ,landscaping, decorating,cooking ,entertaining friends
- One thing I want to do before I die
- fall off my perch in Italy- preferably on Amalfi coast
- Favourite book
- Any travel book
- My friends describe me as
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- moments !!!- Italy , travelling the countryside, and their amazing coastal villages , centuries old, clinging to cliff edgesrl Greece,Corfu;, right up there with 'amazing. Portugal - too, a wonderful gritty country....great scenery and lovely people
5 in NZ and 3 with our son in Florida.
Since 2004 when we did a 31 day Trafalgar trip through Europe , we have travelled every year. With our son and his wife and 3 grandchildren living in Florida ,we travel for 6 months of every year , trying to see as much as we can while enroute to stay in our Condo on their property.
Homeexchanges have made this very affordable.
Recent Entries by Garrynjan
One last Village in Italy - Jul 12, 2016
The days just keep getting hotter..... and although we start with a plan for the day, usually by 2 oclock the sheer heat and humidity has wilted we four souls and the spring has well gone out of o...
Under the Tuscan Sunshine - Jul 8, 2016
Another road trip and today heading north, skirting across the top of Lago (Lake) Trasimeno, we were soon out of Umbria and into the 'cross over' point for travel into Tuscany. The days get hotter...
grapes,olives and sunflowers..... - Jul 6, 2016
Umbria, looking just like the picture books and the most amazing feast of 3 villages one could ever want to see in a day. A road trip today South taking in the 3 villages of Spello, Spoleto and...