Friesendm's Traveler Profile
- The attempted leadership of the Walking Adventures International travel team, spending an outrageous percentage of my life traveling, planning walks, and designing new Adventures!
- Favourite music
- Classical and soundtracks and a smattering of Oldies
- Salzburg, Austria
- Favourite movie
- Family Man; Groundhog Day;
- English, and a smattering of German
- Interests and hobbies
- Reading, basketball, culture, travel, and sorting out the meaning of life!
- One thing I want to do before I die
- Fulfill my purpose in life
- Favourite book
- Books by Paul Johnson and David McCullough
- My friends describe me as
- A somewhat serious, seldom silly, insightful sap
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- The dawning realization that not only does God really exist, but that he is not angry, and that he truly does love us!
Recent Entries by Friesendm
Hildrun gets Exhausted in the Tatras - Apr 15, 2015
I've been looking forward to this day for some time. Two other short visits to Ždiar with walking groups in 2006 and 2004 whet my appetite to further explore this tiny enclave in the Tatra Mou...
The Defenestration of Our Drive Across Moravia! - Apr 14, 2015
The primary reason WAI is committed to scouting trips is to test the program - the routing, stops along the way, key attractions, walks, and hotels. For the past couple of days, we've been driving ...
Medieval Magic of Krumlov - Apr 12, 2015
Our route took us south from Pilsen this morning, through pastoral rolling hills in central Bohemia. We stopped briefly in České Budějovice, also called Budweis in English, home of the or...