Friesendm's Traveler Profile
- The attempted leadership of the Walking Adventures International travel team, spending an outrageous percentage of my life traveling, planning walks, and designing new Adventures!
- Favourite music
- Classical and soundtracks and a smattering of Oldies
- Salzburg, Austria
- Favourite movie
- Family Man; Groundhog Day;
- English, and a smattering of German
- Interests and hobbies
- Reading, basketball, culture, travel, and sorting out the meaning of life!
- One thing I want to do before I die
- Fulfill my purpose in life
- Favourite book
- Books by Paul Johnson and David McCullough
- My friends describe me as
- A somewhat serious, seldom silly, insightful sap
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- The dawning realization that not only does God really exist, but that he is not angry, and that he truly does love us!
Recent Entries by Friesendm
Avoiding Chateaux Overload in the Loire Valley - Aug 7, 2016
We arrived in the Loire Valley Friday night a bit overwhelmed with the options this place affords. Over 40 major chateaux dot the valley between here and Paris, with hundreds of minor palaces sprin...
Chatting about Chateau Chenonceau - Aug 6, 2016
We made it to the Loire Valley and mapped out our first route in the UNESCO World Heritage Site (the entire valley). Lots to share but here's a short video featuring one of the most visited chateau...
Walk Planning at Mont Saint-Michel...Again - Aug 4, 2016
Roger and I were not satisfied with the alternative walk we planned for the mudflats crossing to Mont Saint-Michel, so we swung back by the bay this afternoon on our way south from the D-Day beache...