Friesendm's Traveler Profile
- The attempted leadership of the Walking Adventures International travel team, spending an outrageous percentage of my life traveling, planning walks, and designing new Adventures!
- Favourite music
- Classical and soundtracks and a smattering of Oldies
- Salzburg, Austria
- Favourite movie
- Family Man; Groundhog Day;
- English, and a smattering of German
- Interests and hobbies
- Reading, basketball, culture, travel, and sorting out the meaning of life!
- One thing I want to do before I die
- Fulfill my purpose in life
- Favourite book
- Books by Paul Johnson and David McCullough
- My friends describe me as
- A somewhat serious, seldom silly, insightful sap
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- The dawning realization that not only does God really exist, but that he is not angry, and that he truly does love us!
Recent Entries by Friesendm
The Magic of a Shared Meal! - Nov 7, 2014
We left the ship this morning again in the company of Hugo and Pedro. Today's excursion offered by the ship included a visit to a well-known local quinta (winery) where the famous Portuguese Port w...
Over the River of Oblivion! - Nov 5, 2014
Today is the last day of the Portugal Pre-tour - we finish our day today aboard ship for the beginning of the Douro River Anniversary Cruise. But first, we had a delightful experience in northern P...
Roman Mileposts & an Abundance of Culinary Delight - Nov 4, 2014
After an afternoon deluge yesterday, we packed our bus with trepidation this morning, headed north into Geres National Park hoping for a respite from the rain. Scott and I were excited, nevertheles...