Friesendm's Traveler Profile
- The attempted leadership of the Walking Adventures International travel team, spending an outrageous percentage of my life traveling, planning walks, and designing new Adventures!
- Favourite music
- Classical and soundtracks and a smattering of Oldies
- Salzburg, Austria
- Favourite movie
- Family Man; Groundhog Day;
- English, and a smattering of German
- Interests and hobbies
- Reading, basketball, culture, travel, and sorting out the meaning of life!
- One thing I want to do before I die
- Fulfill my purpose in life
- Favourite book
- Books by Paul Johnson and David McCullough
- My friends describe me as
- A somewhat serious, seldom silly, insightful sap
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- The dawning realization that not only does God really exist, but that he is not angry, and that he truly does love us!
Recent Entries by Friesendm
Summer Palace in September! - Sep 14, 2015
The vast complex of the Summer Palace outside of Beijing is emblematic of the waning power of imperial China and the decline of the final dynasty - the Qing Dynasty. Though there was an imperial pr...
Shanghai - Architectural Wonders in Abundance! - Sep 11, 2015
By any measure, Shanghai is one of the world's largest cities. Some 24 million souls inhabit the metropolitan area, and it has been on a mind-numbing building spree for the past 25 years! Th...
Venetian Gondolas in China! - Sep 10, 2015
Shanghai sits on an alluvial plain in the middle of the Yangtze River Delta. The city is the starting point for our 16 day adventure in China and since everyone opted to arrive a day before the tou...