Friesendm's Traveler Profile
- The attempted leadership of the Walking Adventures International travel team, spending an outrageous percentage of my life traveling, planning walks, and designing new Adventures!
- Favourite music
- Classical and soundtracks and a smattering of Oldies
- Salzburg, Austria
- Favourite movie
- Family Man; Groundhog Day;
- English, and a smattering of German
- Interests and hobbies
- Reading, basketball, culture, travel, and sorting out the meaning of life!
- One thing I want to do before I die
- Fulfill my purpose in life
- Favourite book
- Books by Paul Johnson and David McCullough
- My friends describe me as
- A somewhat serious, seldom silly, insightful sap
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- The dawning realization that not only does God really exist, but that he is not angry, and that he truly does love us!
Recent Entries by Friesendm
More South Island Magic! - Apr 9, 2016
Yesterday ended with torrential rains on the West Coast of New Zealand's South Island. This morning, however, dawned clear and bright. From the tiny township of Haast, we drove inland along the Haa...
North Island Magic! - Apr 4, 2016
We're on a plane headed for Melbourne, Australia after 13 days of exploring New Zealand. This part of the Adventure started in Auckland with a group of 28 travelers plus Scott and me. Auckland is N...
Measuring Rainfall in Meters! - Apr 7, 2016
After enjoying the stunning blue waters of the Te Waihou track, we arrived at the sleepy, but efficiently run Rotorua airport for our flight to Christchurch on the South Island. All four "gates" de...