Friesendm's Traveler Profile
- The attempted leadership of the Walking Adventures International travel team, spending an outrageous percentage of my life traveling, planning walks, and designing new Adventures!
- Favourite music
- Classical and soundtracks and a smattering of Oldies
- Salzburg, Austria
- Favourite movie
- Family Man; Groundhog Day;
- English, and a smattering of German
- Interests and hobbies
- Reading, basketball, culture, travel, and sorting out the meaning of life!
- One thing I want to do before I die
- Fulfill my purpose in life
- Favourite book
- Books by Paul Johnson and David McCullough
- My friends describe me as
- A somewhat serious, seldom silly, insightful sap
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- The dawning realization that not only does God really exist, but that he is not angry, and that he truly does love us!
Recent Entries by Friesendm
Best tour guide in China converted to walking! - Feb 12, 2015
One of the things I enjoy most about travel is the opportunity for cultural connections along the way, including personal connections with the locals. As an advocate for walking, I also have many c...
The Rain in Spain Falls Mainly in Salamanca! - Nov 8, 2014
We left our ship by bus and crossed the border into Spain today, bound for the beautiful medieval city of Salamanca. The drive was uneventful – through pleasant rural outreaches in one of the...
The Magic of a Shared Meal! - Nov 7, 2014
We left the ship this morning again in the company of Hugo and Pedro. Today's excursion offered by the ship included a visit to a well-known local quinta (winery) where the famous Portuguese Port w...