Friesendm's Traveler Profile
- The attempted leadership of the Walking Adventures International travel team, spending an outrageous percentage of my life traveling, planning walks, and designing new Adventures!
- Favourite music
- Classical and soundtracks and a smattering of Oldies
- Salzburg, Austria
- Favourite movie
- Family Man; Groundhog Day;
- English, and a smattering of German
- Interests and hobbies
- Reading, basketball, culture, travel, and sorting out the meaning of life!
- One thing I want to do before I die
- Fulfill my purpose in life
- Favourite book
- Books by Paul Johnson and David McCullough
- My friends describe me as
- A somewhat serious, seldom silly, insightful sap
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- The dawning realization that not only does God really exist, but that he is not angry, and that he truly does love us!
Recent Entries by Friesendm
The Rain in Spain Falls Mainly in Salamanca! - Nov 8, 2014
We left our ship by bus and crossed the border into Spain today, bound for the beautiful medieval city of Salamanca. The drive was uneventful – through pleasant rural outreaches in one of the...
The Magic of a Shared Meal! - Nov 7, 2014
We left the ship this morning again in the company of Hugo and Pedro. Today's excursion offered by the ship included a visit to a well-known local quinta (winery) where the famous Portuguese Port w...
Over the River of Oblivion! - Nov 5, 2014
Today is the last day of the Portugal Pre-tour - we finish our day today aboard ship for the beginning of the Douro River Anniversary Cruise. But first, we had a delightful experience in northern P...