Friesendm's Traveler Profile
- The attempted leadership of the Walking Adventures International travel team, spending an outrageous percentage of my life traveling, planning walks, and designing new Adventures!
- Favourite music
- Classical and soundtracks and a smattering of Oldies
- Salzburg, Austria
- Favourite movie
- Family Man; Groundhog Day;
- English, and a smattering of German
- Interests and hobbies
- Reading, basketball, culture, travel, and sorting out the meaning of life!
- One thing I want to do before I die
- Fulfill my purpose in life
- Favourite book
- Books by Paul Johnson and David McCullough
- My friends describe me as
- A somewhat serious, seldom silly, insightful sap
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- The dawning realization that not only does God really exist, but that he is not angry, and that he truly does love us!
Recent Entries by Friesendm
Soldiers' Graves - the Greatest Preachers of Peace - Aug 4, 2016
We left Bayeux this morning to explore the D-Day beaches of Normandy. This is an experience that tests the mind and strains the emotions. It is difficult to wrap one's three pound brain around the ...
Mont Saint-Michel and Churchill's Little Brother - Jul 31, 2016
Roger and I had a great day in the vicinity of Mt Saint-Michel, the #2 visited site in all of France. It's a 1200 year old abbey built by Benedictine monks at the direction of the arch angel Michae...
Walking the Isle of Jersey - Jul 29, 2016
Hi everyone,It's been a fast-paced few days of planning here in France. We have actually been on the island of Jersey, just off the coast of Normandy, for the past couple of days.Roger and I su...