Friesendm's Traveler Profile
- The attempted leadership of the Walking Adventures International travel team, spending an outrageous percentage of my life traveling, planning walks, and designing new Adventures!
- Favourite music
- Classical and soundtracks and a smattering of Oldies
- Salzburg, Austria
- Favourite movie
- Family Man; Groundhog Day;
- English, and a smattering of German
- Interests and hobbies
- Reading, basketball, culture, travel, and sorting out the meaning of life!
- One thing I want to do before I die
- Fulfill my purpose in life
- Favourite book
- Books by Paul Johnson and David McCullough
- My friends describe me as
- A somewhat serious, seldom silly, insightful sap
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- The dawning realization that not only does God really exist, but that he is not angry, and that he truly does love us!
Recent Entries by Friesendm
Xi'an - Face of Ancient China - Sep 18, 2015
We arrived in Xi'an by plane from Beijing and, after a quick lunch, headed for the Terracotta Warrior Museum on the other side of Xi'an. I've seen the warriors many times now, so the newness of...
The Middle of the Middle Kingdom - Sep 16, 2015
"China" as a name for a state or geographic area is a Western label. The Chinese themselves have had many names for their civilization over the centuries and millennia. One of the most common was "...
Summer Palace in September! - Sep 14, 2015
The vast complex of the Summer Palace outside of Beijing is emblematic of the waning power of imperial China and the decline of the final dynasty - the Qing Dynasty. Though there was an imperial pr...