Friesendm's Traveler Profile
- The attempted leadership of the Walking Adventures International travel team, spending an outrageous percentage of my life traveling, planning walks, and designing new Adventures!
- Favourite music
- Classical and soundtracks and a smattering of Oldies
- Salzburg, Austria
- Favourite movie
- Family Man; Groundhog Day;
- English, and a smattering of German
- Interests and hobbies
- Reading, basketball, culture, travel, and sorting out the meaning of life!
- One thing I want to do before I die
- Fulfill my purpose in life
- Favourite book
- Books by Paul Johnson and David McCullough
- My friends describe me as
- A somewhat serious, seldom silly, insightful sap
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- The dawning realization that not only does God really exist, but that he is not angry, and that he truly does love us!
Recent Entries by Friesendm
Favorite Thing #4: Val d'Aran - Dec 4, 2015
Aran Valley (Val d'Aran) is one of only two areas of Spain that sits on the northern flanks of the Pyrenees. Geologically, it curves north into France and has historically been more accessible from...
Favorite thing #3: Picos de Europa National Park - Dec 3, 2015
On August 17, 2009, Pat Lemmon and I made our way into Picos de Europa (Peaks of Europe) National Park intent on setting up a new walk for the first edition of our Northern Spain walking adventures...
Favorite Thing #2: Loarre Castle - Dec 2, 2015
Loarre Castle – Classic Study in Medieval Fortresses and Spain's Reconquest In 711 AD, Arab/Berber Muslims, often labeled by history as "Moors", invaded the Iberian Peninsula from North Af...