Fletcherclaytor's Traveler Profile
- Media for Carol, Bartending/music for Bryan
- Favourite music
- U2, REM, Califone, Tom Petty, Pogues, Bob Marley, alternative rock
- We are Nashvillians (Tennessee)
- Favourite movie
- Gone with the Wind, Oh Brother Where Art Thou?, Spy Games, Bull Durham, and The Pirates of the Caribbean (all 3)
- Unfortunately English only, between us we have a few words in Spanish, Irish, German, French, Pakistanian, Dutch...
- Favourite quote
- Life is like a box of chocolates...
- Interests and hobbies
- Music, Photography, Reading, Dogs and of course, Travel!
- One thing I want to do before I die
- Go around the world, seeing many places and slowly enjoying each...not moving on until we're steeped in the place.
- Favourite book
- Travel essays like Out of Africa, Sahara, Why Angels Fall, plus the pace of John Grisham and Harry Potter!
- My friends describe me as
- Carol--A dog-loving, silly, sarcastic, private southern girl who loves to travel. Bryan--a laid-back, good-hearted, humorous, friend to all
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- Walking off of the National Geographic Endeavour onto the ocean's pack ice in Antarctica. I laughed and cried in the magic of the moment, shook with terror that the ice would give way to freezing water, and yet really did not give a hoot if it did.
Recent Entries by Fletcherclaytor
Through Cancun - Dec 9, 2010
The American flight landed early yesterday...just after skimming low over the most beautiful seafoam-turquoise-ink colored waters you can imagine. Immigration--baggage claim (mine was one of th...
Packing - Dec 8, 2010
Packing for a trip to Cuba is a careful endeavor. There are the gifts to take, and the necessities, and the cameras and lenses, and of course, the clothes. But there's a weight restriction of 66 lb...
Sailing Lake Michigan on a Tall Ship - Aug 24, 2010
Our journey began on Sunday, August 22. We loaded up the backpacks and took the el into the loop, walking over to Union Station. We had tickets on Amtrak's Hiawatha Express to Milwaukee. We had...