Fishtails04's Traveler Profile
- Teacher... I like the holiday allowance. But have also been a travel writer, travel agent, life model, chambermaid, sales assistant, bartender, waitress, store manager. traffic counter...
- Favourite music
- Lots... Irish traditional, Latin, blues, 80s, opera, 'world', folk...
- In my mum's house
- Favourite movie
- Like Water for Chocolate, West Side Story, and Of Love and Shadows
- English, Spanish, Irish, some Portuguese, some French
- Favourite quote
- "You are only young once but you can remain immature indefinitely" - Ogden Nash. "I have an insatiable greedinesse of seeing strange countries, which exercise is indeed the queene of all pleasures in the world." Tom Coryat, 1608.
- Interests and hobbies
- Travel, playing music, hiking/trekking, good food/wine/beer.
- One thing I want to do before I die
- There are far too many to limit to just one!
- Favourite book
- The House of the Spirits by Isabel Allende
- My friends describe me as
- Depends which friends you ask!
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- My first time scuba diving in the tropics, watching the first sun rise of a new year from a Japanese mountain top, getting trapped in a Tibetan village by an avalanche, being pecked by penguins in Antarctica, but best was reaching Everest Base Camp.
Recent Entries by Fishtails04
Practical Travel Details for Tajikistan - Apr 30, 2015
Crossed border from Uzbekistan from Sariosiyo- see Uzbek trip report for details.$10 in share-taxi to Dushanbe, about 45 mins. Yeti Hostel - small, new hostel on 6th floor of a block about 15 ...
Through the Wakhan - Apr 26, 2015
Despite not setting foot on Afghan soil, I spent much of the rest of the next couple of days looking at the Afghan mountains, as I travelled through the valley. I had met an Au...
Nice to See You, to See you Nice :) - Jan 25, 2015
I can't believe how many people I have squeezed in on my UK & Ireland leg in the past 5 weeks! Lovely to spend Christmas with my very cute niece and nephew in Yorkshire and see my parents be...