Fishtails04's Traveler Profile
- Teacher... I like the holiday allowance. But have also been a travel writer, travel agent, life model, chambermaid, sales assistant, bartender, waitress, store manager. traffic counter...
- Favourite music
- Lots... Irish traditional, Latin, blues, 80s, opera, 'world', folk...
- In my mum's house
- Favourite movie
- Like Water for Chocolate, West Side Story, and Of Love and Shadows
- English, Spanish, Irish, some Portuguese, some French
- Favourite quote
- "You are only young once but you can remain immature indefinitely" - Ogden Nash. "I have an insatiable greedinesse of seeing strange countries, which exercise is indeed the queene of all pleasures in the world." Tom Coryat, 1608.
- Interests and hobbies
- Travel, playing music, hiking/trekking, good food/wine/beer.
- One thing I want to do before I die
- There are far too many to limit to just one!
- Favourite book
- The House of the Spirits by Isabel Allende
- My friends describe me as
- Depends which friends you ask!
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- My first time scuba diving in the tropics, watching the first sun rise of a new year from a Japanese mountain top, getting trapped in a Tibetan village by an avalanche, being pecked by penguins in Antarctica, but best was reaching Everest Base Camp.
Recent Entries by Fishtails04
North to Bishkek - May 12, 2015
The 10-hour drive from Arslanbob up to Bishkek in the north of the country, passes through spectacular mountain scenery and over a couple of stunning high passes. I had booke...
On My Arse-lanbob - May 11, 2015
I am in Arslanbob. How could anybody head along the road from Osh and not venture up a side road leading to a place with a name like that. Arslanbob... I love it :) It may simp...
Hungover in Osh - May 3, 2015
Ouch, the head hurts... and it is totally self-inflicted... sigh... Well, I have been on the road for 5 months now, and since I flew out of Heathrow after the Euro-leg, I have b...