Fishtails04's Traveler Profile
- Teacher... I like the holiday allowance. But have also been a travel writer, travel agent, life model, chambermaid, sales assistant, bartender, waitress, store manager. traffic counter...
- Favourite music
- Lots... Irish traditional, Latin, blues, 80s, opera, 'world', folk...
- In my mum's house
- Favourite movie
- Like Water for Chocolate, West Side Story, and Of Love and Shadows
- English, Spanish, Irish, some Portuguese, some French
- Favourite quote
- "You are only young once but you can remain immature indefinitely" - Ogden Nash. "I have an insatiable greedinesse of seeing strange countries, which exercise is indeed the queene of all pleasures in the world." Tom Coryat, 1608.
- Interests and hobbies
- Travel, playing music, hiking/trekking, good food/wine/beer.
- One thing I want to do before I die
- There are far too many to limit to just one!
- Favourite book
- The House of the Spirits by Isabel Allende
- My friends describe me as
- Depends which friends you ask!
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- My first time scuba diving in the tropics, watching the first sun rise of a new year from a Japanese mountain top, getting trapped in a Tibetan village by an avalanche, being pecked by penguins in Antarctica, but best was reaching Everest Base Camp.
Recent Entries by Fishtails04
Back to the Beginning - Jul 6, 2015
'Sometimes a journey arises out of hope and instinct, the heady conviction as your fingers travel along the map: yes, here and here... and here... A hundred reasons clamour fo...
Ruins 0, Refreshments 10 - Jul 4, 2015
Jiayuguan Fort. Well, there was $20 that would have been better spent on 24 bottles of Tsingtao.I had been really looking forward to my penultimate Silk Road City. I wasn't e...
The Dunes of Dunhuang - Jul 1, 2015
You have to hand it to Chinese tourist organisations - they really know how to take a place of exceptional natural beauty and turn it into an absolute circus. Dunhuang was o...