Fishtails04's Traveler Profile
- Teacher... I like the holiday allowance. But have also been a travel writer, travel agent, life model, chambermaid, sales assistant, bartender, waitress, store manager. traffic counter...
- Favourite music
- Lots... Irish traditional, Latin, blues, 80s, opera, 'world', folk...
- In my mum's house
- Favourite movie
- Like Water for Chocolate, West Side Story, and Of Love and Shadows
- English, Spanish, Irish, some Portuguese, some French
- Favourite quote
- "You are only young once but you can remain immature indefinitely" - Ogden Nash. "I have an insatiable greedinesse of seeing strange countries, which exercise is indeed the queene of all pleasures in the world." Tom Coryat, 1608.
- Interests and hobbies
- Travel, playing music, hiking/trekking, good food/wine/beer.
- One thing I want to do before I die
- There are far too many to limit to just one!
- Favourite book
- The House of the Spirits by Isabel Allende
- My friends describe me as
- Depends which friends you ask!
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- My first time scuba diving in the tropics, watching the first sun rise of a new year from a Japanese mountain top, getting trapped in a Tibetan village by an avalanche, being pecked by penguins in Antarctica, but best was reaching Everest Base Camp.
Recent Entries by Fishtails04
Map Reading in Hungarian : Fail! - Dec 16, 2014
Arriving at Keleti Station in Budapest, I felt I had come much further than the 3 hour train ride from Vienna. As I left the pension at 6 am, enroute to catch the train east, V...
You WILL Go to the Opera, Lisarella! - Dec 12, 2014
I was in the post office on my last day in Salzburg, posting some chocs to a friend, and needing a padded envelope to protect them in transit. They came in packs of 2, s...
Maria, Mozart & Misty Mountains - Dec 9, 2014
The early afternoon train from Geisenhausen to Salzburg had unexpected entertainment, being crowded with students decked out in santa hats, swigging bottles of beer, ...