Fishtails04's Traveler Profile
- Teacher... I like the holiday allowance. But have also been a travel writer, travel agent, life model, chambermaid, sales assistant, bartender, waitress, store manager. traffic counter...
- Favourite music
- Lots... Irish traditional, Latin, blues, 80s, opera, 'world', folk...
- In my mum's house
- Favourite movie
- Like Water for Chocolate, West Side Story, and Of Love and Shadows
- English, Spanish, Irish, some Portuguese, some French
- Favourite quote
- "You are only young once but you can remain immature indefinitely" - Ogden Nash. "I have an insatiable greedinesse of seeing strange countries, which exercise is indeed the queene of all pleasures in the world." Tom Coryat, 1608.
- Interests and hobbies
- Travel, playing music, hiking/trekking, good food/wine/beer.
- One thing I want to do before I die
- There are far too many to limit to just one!
- Favourite book
- The House of the Spirits by Isabel Allende
- My friends describe me as
- Depends which friends you ask!
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- My first time scuba diving in the tropics, watching the first sun rise of a new year from a Japanese mountain top, getting trapped in a Tibetan village by an avalanche, being pecked by penguins in Antarctica, but best was reaching Everest Base Camp.
Recent Entries by Fishtails04
Practical Travel Details for Uzbekistan - Apr 15, 2015
Crossed from Turkmenistan at Urgench post- quick & easy. Car from border to Khiva - drivers wanted $20 but came down to $10 for whole car, $5 per head if shared. Khiva - Avoid Alibek Gu...
Downtime in Dushanbe - Apr 20, 2015
Dushanbe isn't the most exciting of Asian cities. But that was just fine : Dushanbe was downtime. I enjoyed its leafy avenues, parks of spring flowers, cafes with real c...
"You Want How Big a Bribe?!" - Apr 15, 2015
I had read that the Regar-Tusurzande border post from Uzbekistan to Tajikistan is remote, and that the crossing involves long queues and frequent hassle from the Uzbek guards, while the Tajik guard...