Fishtails04's Traveler Profile
- Teacher... I like the holiday allowance. But have also been a travel writer, travel agent, life model, chambermaid, sales assistant, bartender, waitress, store manager. traffic counter...
- Favourite music
- Lots... Irish traditional, Latin, blues, 80s, opera, 'world', folk...
- In my mum's house
- Favourite movie
- Like Water for Chocolate, West Side Story, and Of Love and Shadows
- English, Spanish, Irish, some Portuguese, some French
- Favourite quote
- "You are only young once but you can remain immature indefinitely" - Ogden Nash. "I have an insatiable greedinesse of seeing strange countries, which exercise is indeed the queene of all pleasures in the world." Tom Coryat, 1608.
- Interests and hobbies
- Travel, playing music, hiking/trekking, good food/wine/beer.
- One thing I want to do before I die
- There are far too many to limit to just one!
- Favourite book
- The House of the Spirits by Isabel Allende
- My friends describe me as
- Depends which friends you ask!
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- My first time scuba diving in the tropics, watching the first sun rise of a new year from a Japanese mountain top, getting trapped in a Tibetan village by an avalanche, being pecked by penguins in Antarctica, but best was reaching Everest Base Camp.
Recent Entries by Fishtails04
Thawing in Queensland - Jun 24, 2016
It's wet, cold and miserable both in Tarneit and Geelong right now. So the joy of stepping out of Cairns airport and, in Karen's car femoving thermal vest and woolly jumper, and also swapping boots...
R & R on The Island - Apr 29, 2016
My shoulder struggled a little with the long,rickety drive back to Dili and the rain lashed as we continued so we entered a city of grey skies and drove along a washed- out w...
Life and Learning in Viqueque - Apr 23, 2016
Tuesday was a slow enough day as we attempted to acclimatise to the hammer blow of the tropical sun, and the energy-sapping humidity that comes with it. It was like being in Br...