Fishtails04's Traveler Profile
- Teacher... I like the holiday allowance. But have also been a travel writer, travel agent, life model, chambermaid, sales assistant, bartender, waitress, store manager. traffic counter...
- Favourite music
- Lots... Irish traditional, Latin, blues, 80s, opera, 'world', folk...
- In my mum's house
- Favourite movie
- Like Water for Chocolate, West Side Story, and Of Love and Shadows
- English, Spanish, Irish, some Portuguese, some French
- Favourite quote
- "You are only young once but you can remain immature indefinitely" - Ogden Nash. "I have an insatiable greedinesse of seeing strange countries, which exercise is indeed the queene of all pleasures in the world." Tom Coryat, 1608.
- Interests and hobbies
- Travel, playing music, hiking/trekking, good food/wine/beer.
- One thing I want to do before I die
- There are far too many to limit to just one!
- Favourite book
- The House of the Spirits by Isabel Allende
- My friends describe me as
- Depends which friends you ask!
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- My first time scuba diving in the tropics, watching the first sun rise of a new year from a Japanese mountain top, getting trapped in a Tibetan village by an avalanche, being pecked by penguins in Antarctica, but best was reaching Everest Base Camp.
Recent Entries by Fishtails04
A Seat to Hotan - Jun 23, 2015
In the days of the Silk Routes, when you needed to get your camel train east from Kashgar, where the road splits, to Turpan, where it becomes one again, you had 2 options: the ...
Bumping Down the KKH - Jun 18, 2015
"What time does the bus leave?" Simple question? Not in the west of China! Look at a world map and compare the width of China to the width of countries such as Australia or...
"You want buy camel?" - Jun 14, 2015
"You want buy camel?" smirked the skinny man in an embroidered cap, as I stood, grinning like an imbecile at the desert beasts he had tethered to the railing for prospective bu...