Fishtails04's Traveler Profile
- Teacher... I like the holiday allowance. But have also been a travel writer, travel agent, life model, chambermaid, sales assistant, bartender, waitress, store manager. traffic counter...
- Favourite music
- Lots... Irish traditional, Latin, blues, 80s, opera, 'world', folk...
- In my mum's house
- Favourite movie
- Like Water for Chocolate, West Side Story, and Of Love and Shadows
- English, Spanish, Irish, some Portuguese, some French
- Favourite quote
- "You are only young once but you can remain immature indefinitely" - Ogden Nash. "I have an insatiable greedinesse of seeing strange countries, which exercise is indeed the queene of all pleasures in the world." Tom Coryat, 1608.
- Interests and hobbies
- Travel, playing music, hiking/trekking, good food/wine/beer.
- One thing I want to do before I die
- There are far too many to limit to just one!
- Favourite book
- The House of the Spirits by Isabel Allende
- My friends describe me as
- Depends which friends you ask!
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- My first time scuba diving in the tropics, watching the first sun rise of a new year from a Japanese mountain top, getting trapped in a Tibetan village by an avalanche, being pecked by penguins in Antarctica, but best was reaching Everest Base Camp.
Recent Entries by Fishtails04
It's On! - Jan 27, 2015
It's on!! The trip that nearly didn't happen! Back in October 2009, en-route from Europe to Australia via Russia, Mongolia & China, I had a couple of days in Xian. Having checked out the mo...
Underwhelmed in Amsterdam - Dec 23, 2014
Amsterdam is a fantastic city to visit. If you want to get stoned or drunk with a group of mates and block the streets at night. Or if you don't mind paying for a shag and are willing ...
Johann Sebastien, Adolf, and Charlie - Dec 19, 2014
Though I would have preferred a leisurely train ride northwest, a flight was the only way to include Berlin in my itinerary given my limited timeframe, and so I found myself onbo...