Fatkidfrogs's Traveler Profile
- STEVE: IT WENDY: Photographer & Dog Walker
- Favourite music
- STEVE: alternative WENDY: just about anything but death metal
- Favourite movie
- STEVE: Avatar, 300, Beowulf WENDY: The Wizard of Oz, but I prefer reality TV
- English, a bit of Japanese and even less Spanish
- Favourite quote
- Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the things you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain
- Interests and hobbies
- Traveling (duh), photography, dogs, outdoor activities, exploration, anything new
- One thing I want to do before I die
- Taking a year to travel around the world tops our list right now
- Favourite book
- STEVE: The Digital Photography Book & best of books WENDY: The Last Lecture & biographies
- My friends describe me as
- On the go....somewhat unpredictable
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- STEVE: The experience of getting his pilots license... WENDY: Moving to Hawaii, where she was no longer a minority (being hapa) and also realizing that there was more to this world then the town you grow up in.
WENDY: Is resisting being an adult. Loves new things, going on adventures, meeting people, tasty food, family time, gets distracted easily but when she wants something either follow suit or step out of the way. She tends to become a bit obsessed!
Steve & Wendy live to travel, dreaming & planning adventures to fill their calendars. A recently married couple and in their early 30's, they have 3 loveable dogs, and have done their fair share of traveling/living around the world. After having a taste of the normal life, which has been great, they are planning to trade it in, in order to experience all the possibilities of life while they are still young. One day, things will be at a slower pace, they'll be reallllly old, on the porch, in rocking chairs, reminiscing about their lives full of adventure! For now, BRING ON THE ADVENTURES!!!
Recent Entries by Fatkidfrogs
Cruising northbound to Alyeska! - Jun 10, 2014
Now that we are in the daily routine of 'normal' life, we are pretty much in our home office everyday. It's been close to a year since we were in the USVI. Other than a quick trip to Vegas and Mexi...
There's no place like Las VEGAS! - Feb 8, 2011
There's only one place in the world where you can visit Paris, New York, Venice, Egypt, Hollywood, a Roman palace, a medieval castle, a circus, Treasure Island, etc, all in one day, yet be in the m...
Brewing up good times... - Mar 24, 2011
With the ski season behind us, we took up our new roles as tour guides to Momma Schindler. My mom was starting to acclimate just as we were leaving Vail, which was essential for all the adventure w...