Ems-life-abroad's Traveler Profile
- United States
- I am a native English speaker, but I can converse in Spanish fairly well and I am learning Thai and Setswana.
- Interests and hobbies
- travel, reading, writing, American football, baseball, soccer, running, biking
- One thing I want to do before I die
- Travel around the world and set foot on all seven continents
- Favourite book
- To Kill a Mockingbird
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- It's a toss up between hugging First Lady Michelle Obama and getting to talk to the President of Liberia, Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf
I hope to chronicle my travels this summer (assuming I have moderately reliable Internet access) and this upcoming year on this blog so that family and friends can follow my adventures while I am abroad.
Recent Entries by Ems-life-abroad
Trekking Rinjani - Dec 17, 2013
Greetings from the Denpasar Airport! I have about 25 minutes until my flight starts boarding, so I thought I would update the blog about what I did for my last few days in Southeast Asia. The begin...
Leaving the Land of Smiles - Dec 14, 2013
4 months ago, I arrived in Bangkok to spend my second to last semester of college in Thailand. I still am in complete disbelief at how fast these four months have flown by. There were teary goodbye...
Koh (W)Rong - Dec 8, 2013
I am breathing a huge sigh of relief as I type these words because I am writing from Thailand, and my journey from Cambodia made me have serious doubts whether I would even end up in Thailand by to...