Elsat's Traveler Profile
- Content Manager & Editor
- Favourite music
- Indie, Folk
- Sturgis, Michigan, United States
- English, Some Waray-Waray and Tagalog
- Favourite quote
- "A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history." Ghandi
- Interests and hobbies
- Volunteering, Community Development, Traveling, Working with Children, Culture, Health Eating
- One thing I want to do before I die
- Travel to Africa and A Remote Pacific Island, Adopt a Child from a Developing Nation, Start my Own Non-Profit...I
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- Watching my project in Cangumbang be built in to a reality with the children who have become my own by my side through it all.
I have finally found a way to make helping people in to a life long career (in multiple ways), and I don't plan on changing career paths anytime soon!
Currently, I divide my time between rebuilding the Cangumbang Project after the devasting Typhoon Haiyan which struck out island in November 2013 and working full time for GoAbroad.com as a Content Manager, spreading meaningful travel opportunities around the world!
Recent Entries by Elsat
The Joy of Life - Jul 4, 2016
Hi Everyone, I find it hard to put into words everything that has evolved over the past 7 years. At the moment my mind is still trying to digest my parents recent visit, which was surreal to say th...
Summer Camp Begins - Apr 25, 2016
Hi Everyone, When I arrived last Saturday the kids were ecstatic to begin our first ever summer camp activities. If it wasn't for my full time job, I'd surely have it be a daily thing, but for now ...
A Day in the Life - Apr 11, 2016
Hi Everyone! It has been quite a while, so let me start my giving you more insight into my life here in the Philippines. From Tuesday to Friday, I sit at my computer and edit, re-read, and write...