Elsat's Traveler Profile
- Content Manager & Editor
- Favourite music
- Indie, Folk
- Sturgis, Michigan, United States
- English, Some Waray-Waray and Tagalog
- Favourite quote
- "A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history." Ghandi
- Interests and hobbies
- Volunteering, Community Development, Traveling, Working with Children, Culture, Health Eating
- One thing I want to do before I die
- Travel to Africa and A Remote Pacific Island, Adopt a Child from a Developing Nation, Start my Own Non-Profit...I
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- Watching my project in Cangumbang be built in to a reality with the children who have become my own by my side through it all.
I have finally found a way to make helping people in to a life long career (in multiple ways), and I don't plan on changing career paths anytime soon!
Currently, I divide my time between rebuilding the Cangumbang Project after the devasting Typhoon Haiyan which struck out island in November 2013 and working full time for GoAbroad.com as a Content Manager, spreading meaningful travel opportunities around the world!
Recent Entries by Elsat
Typhoon Ruby - Dec 6, 2014
13 months later we are faced with yet another megastorm. The wind and rain has began, and though we are far more prepared than last time, it is still too soon. Tensions are high. Luckily the storm ...
One Year Anniversary - Nov 9, 2014
Hi Everyone, It has taken me a great deal of time to take in the reality of this weekend, and accept that the day my life was changed forever by Typhoon Haiyan was 1 year ago already. So much has c...
The Realizations of 11 Months - Oct 8, 2014
Hi Everyone, I know I am a bit delayed in making this post, this week seemed to fly by with no time to stop for a writing break. However, I want to take this chance to point out the true realizatio...