Elsat's Traveler Profile
- Content Manager & Editor
- Favourite music
- Indie, Folk
- Sturgis, Michigan, United States
- English, Some Waray-Waray and Tagalog
- Favourite quote
- "A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history." Ghandi
- Interests and hobbies
- Volunteering, Community Development, Traveling, Working with Children, Culture, Health Eating
- One thing I want to do before I die
- Travel to Africa and A Remote Pacific Island, Adopt a Child from a Developing Nation, Start my Own Non-Profit...I
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- Watching my project in Cangumbang be built in to a reality with the children who have become my own by my side through it all.
I have finally found a way to make helping people in to a life long career (in multiple ways), and I don't plan on changing career paths anytime soon!
Currently, I divide my time between rebuilding the Cangumbang Project after the devasting Typhoon Haiyan which struck out island in November 2013 and working full time for GoAbroad.com as a Content Manager, spreading meaningful travel opportunities around the world!
Recent Entries by Elsat
One Year Anniversary - Nov 9, 2014
Hi Everyone, It has taken me a great deal of time to take in the reality of this weekend, and accept that the day my life was changed forever by Typhoon Haiyan was 1 year ago already. So much has c...
The Realizations of 11 Months - Oct 8, 2014
Hi Everyone, I know I am a bit delayed in making this post, this week seemed to fly by with no time to stop for a writing break. However, I want to take this chance to point out the true realizatio...
Lots of Changes - Oct 28, 2014
Hi Everyone, The past few weeks I have been shocked as I arrive at the center, there have been so many beautiful updates I have been waiting for, for so long. First the platfrom underneath the c...