Elsat's Traveler Profile
- Content Manager & Editor
- Favourite music
- Indie, Folk
- Sturgis, Michigan, United States
- English, Some Waray-Waray and Tagalog
- Favourite quote
- "A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history." Ghandi
- Interests and hobbies
- Volunteering, Community Development, Traveling, Working with Children, Culture, Health Eating
- One thing I want to do before I die
- Travel to Africa and A Remote Pacific Island, Adopt a Child from a Developing Nation, Start my Own Non-Profit...I
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- Watching my project in Cangumbang be built in to a reality with the children who have become my own by my side through it all.
I have finally found a way to make helping people in to a life long career (in multiple ways), and I don't plan on changing career paths anytime soon!
Currently, I divide my time between rebuilding the Cangumbang Project after the devasting Typhoon Haiyan which struck out island in November 2013 and working full time for GoAbroad.com as a Content Manager, spreading meaningful travel opportunities around the world!
Recent Entries by Elsat
Yolanda is more than just a name - Nov 12, 2015
My Facebook has been reminding me over the past few days about Typhoon Haiyan, rather incessantly. I'm seeing posts this week from 2 years ago from my family and friends asking for prayers that I w...
That Time of Year - Nov 2, 2015
And I'm not just referring to the holidays... The end of the year is a busy time around the world. Stores are filled with shoppers trying to choose the perfect holiday gift for loved ones, roads...
Wake me up, When September Ends - Sep 30, 2015
Hi Everyone, Lately it feels like I am living in a dream world when I visit the center on the weekends. The kids have become so accustomed to our routine, as have I, that it seems things have be...