Elsat's Traveler Profile
- Content Manager & Editor
- Favourite music
- Indie, Folk
- Sturgis, Michigan, United States
- English, Some Waray-Waray and Tagalog
- Favourite quote
- "A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history." Ghandi
- Interests and hobbies
- Volunteering, Community Development, Traveling, Working with Children, Culture, Health Eating
- One thing I want to do before I die
- Travel to Africa and A Remote Pacific Island, Adopt a Child from a Developing Nation, Start my Own Non-Profit...I
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- Watching my project in Cangumbang be built in to a reality with the children who have become my own by my side through it all.
I have finally found a way to make helping people in to a life long career (in multiple ways), and I don't plan on changing career paths anytime soon!
Currently, I divide my time between rebuilding the Cangumbang Project after the devasting Typhoon Haiyan which struck out island in November 2013 and working full time for GoAbroad.com as a Content Manager, spreading meaningful travel opportunities around the world!
Recent Entries by Elsat
6 Years Ago - May 5, 2015
Hi Everyone, As I sit in my apartment today, diving in to a Filipino meal I made from scratch and bought fresh from the market, finishing up a blog post for the GoAbroad Foundation blog, all I c...
A Whirlwind - Apr 14, 2015
Hi Everyone, Life has been a whirlwind the past month, hence the reason I haven't had a chance to sit down and write a blog. After the kids finished school at the end of March, Holy Week was upo...
Home Sweet Home - Mar 9, 2015
Hi Everyone, With every weekend comes a new addition, and as the saw dust settles the center is becomes home sweet home more and more. We now have plenty of storage cabinets, a ceiling, and f...