Elsat's Traveler Profile
- Content Manager & Editor
- Favourite music
- Indie, Folk
- Sturgis, Michigan, United States
- English, Some Waray-Waray and Tagalog
- Favourite quote
- "A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history." Ghandi
- Interests and hobbies
- Volunteering, Community Development, Traveling, Working with Children, Culture, Health Eating
- One thing I want to do before I die
- Travel to Africa and A Remote Pacific Island, Adopt a Child from a Developing Nation, Start my Own Non-Profit...I
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- Watching my project in Cangumbang be built in to a reality with the children who have become my own by my side through it all.
I have finally found a way to make helping people in to a life long career (in multiple ways), and I don't plan on changing career paths anytime soon!
Currently, I divide my time between rebuilding the Cangumbang Project after the devasting Typhoon Haiyan which struck out island in November 2013 and working full time for GoAbroad.com as a Content Manager, spreading meaningful travel opportunities around the world!
Recent Entries by Elsat
Children in Need - Jan 22, 2015
Hi Everyone I decided to take the time to write today to express a need that goes beyond fulfilling an immidate lack of resources or supplies. Right now there are 2 children in Cangumbang and 3 ...
A Year for Growth - Jan 19, 2015
Hi Everyone, Time for the long awaited blog post of the new year and I want to take this time to share how excited I am to see where the new year takes the community of Cangumbang. The end of 20...
Merry Christmas & A Flooded New Year - Dec 29, 2014
Hi Everyone, Thanks to our trusty supporters, Hope for Haiyan, a student group based in Kentucky, all of the Cangumbang Community enjoyed a Christmas party on December 29th. Filled with games an...