El_condor's Traveler Profile
- Favourite music
- Anything and everything - especially Kiwi tunes!
- Favourite movie
- English and bad English
- Favourite quote
- Walk softly, and carry a big stick.
- Interests and hobbies
- Travel, cooking, wine, diving, fishing, movies, cricket, photography
- One thing I want to do before I die
- Learn all there is to know about myself
- Favourite book
- My friends describe me as
- Loyal, warm, eccentric, and a dervish in the kitchen!
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- Any one of a thousand memories from my trip or my life would qualify, but for what it represented - walking onto that plane at Auckland airport in October '05, and leaving all I knew behind me. The world has never looked wider, or more for the taking...
Recent Entries by El_condor
'Twas a few nights before Christmas... - Dec 21, 2006
The seasons have turned long since I last posted a missive on my travelogue. Summer roared through the skies here, hot and fierce, with the warmest autumn on record riding pillion. Indeed, 2006 has...
Walk like an Egyptian - Mar 30, 2006
I don't know if it was unconscious design, or just coincidence, but it was amusingly appropriate that "Walk Like an Egyptian" by The Bangles started playing on my iPod as the train from Alexandria ...
An ambush of charm - Nov 23, 2005
I wasn't expecting it, and after the previous couple of days I wasn't quite prepared to accept it. The charm of Phnom Penh, and indeed of Cambodia in general, was unmistakable and utterly irrepress...