Dyer0930's Traveler Profile
- Engineer, travel blogger, entrepreneur
- Favourite music
- Country, A cappella, Classic Rock, anything with a good percussion line
- Michigan and Ohio, USA
- Favourite movie
- Rudy, Cars, Planes, Sense and Sensibility
- English, some high school French, some high school Russian, a touch of German, and travelers' Spanish
- Favourite quote
- If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost - that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them. ~Thoreau
- Interests and hobbies
- backpacking, mountaineering, scuba, triathlon, history, cooking and cuisine
- One thing I want to do before I die
- Climb Denali, complete an Ironman
- Favourite book
- Pride and Prejudice, The Red Tent
- My friends describe me as
- Nerdy, Geeky, Frugal, Crazy, Adventurous, Athletic
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- The days that our son and daughter were born!
We are on a quest to ride the funiculars of the world!
1) 28 Dec 2008: Montmartre, Paris
2) 30 May 2010: The Peak Tram, Hong Kong
3) 21 Nov 2010: Cerro San Cristobal, Santiago
5) 03 Dec 2011: Montjuic, Barcelona
6) 20 Jan 2012: Taskim Square to Kabatash, Istanbul.
7) 20 Jan 2012: Tunel, Istanbul
8) 26 April 2013: Fl°ibanen, Bergen, Norway
9) 30 March 2014: Skansen, Stockholm, Sweden
Close brushes with destiny (funicular down for maintenance; must return):
- 25 May 2010: Penang Hill, Penang
- 18 Mar 2012: Bergbahn, Heidelberg
- 19 Jan 2014: Monte San Salvatore, Lugano, Switzerland (closed for winter)
Recent Entries by Dyer0930
Prologue - Dec 4, 2014
This trip began in our heads about a year before it's commencement. We had wanted to test the waters of long duration travel and location independent work for some time, having wild dreams of world...
More Chilling - Feb 19, 2013
All things considered, the kids adjusted to the time difference tremendously well, waking up at a bit more of a "decent hour" every day, but never worse than 5am or so. This was in contrast to bein...
Resort Fun - Feb 18, 2013
It turned out that they did pretty well. They awoke around 5am, so pretty early, but not unreasonable. It was raining - this was a rainforest after all and that had a tendency to happen. In th...