Drfumblefinger's Traveler Profile
- Favourite music
- Mostly old time Rock n Roll (eg. Elvis, Beatles), but can find something I like in most musical genres.
- Favourite movie
- 2001: A Space Odyssey, Chinatown, Citizen Kane, Its a Wonderful Life -- far too many to list!!
- English, Some German, a little Spanish
- Favourite quote
- " We do not take a trip; a trip takes us" John Steinbeck, "Travels with Charley
- Interests and hobbies
- Travel, Photography, Reading, Book Collecting, Gardening, Hiking, Backpacking
- One thing I want to do before I die
- Travel and explore as long as I can and generate enough memories to sustain me when I can't.
- Favourite book
- 2001: A Space Odyssey
- My friends describe me as
- "Traditional guy"
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- Two of them, both similar (the birth of my two sons). What an overwhelming moment of wonder that was!
I am a physician in a busy hospital practice so I have limited spare time, but I do love to travel and explore the world (including my own backyard). I enjoy planning and researching trips and learning from other's travel and life experiences. Likewise, I don't mind sharing some of what I've learned in my travels. Traveling and getting to know new cultures is a great way of developing a more understanding and friendly world.
Since starting the travelpod blog, I've partially migrated to my own website, www.drfumblefinger.com. It has high resolution images (that you can enlarge to fill your entire monitor's screen) and I have also a weekly photo on that blog ("Pic of the Week"). Also, I am one of the founding contributors to www.travelgumbo.com. "By Travelers, For Travelers"
Please get in touch with me if you have any questions or suggestions, or subscribe to find out when I've posted new material to the blog.
Recent Entries by Drfumblefinger
The subterranean majesty of Carlsbad Caverns - Jun 11, 1989
There's no easy way to get to the Carlsbad Caverns -- it's a pretty remote destination, in the Guadalupe Mountains of southeastern New Mexico just north of Texas, and you'll likely be driving most ...
Portland, Oregon -- The Cozy City of Roses - Feb 24, 2013
I can enjoy a visit to a large city as much as anyone -- seeing the Eiffel Tower, Sistine Chapel, Buckingham Palace or Statue of Liberty are as exciting and fun for me as for any traveler. But over...
Maui: 3) Central and South Maui - Feb 19, 2013
The largest stretch of (relatively) flat land on Maui is the valley between the two volcanoes, Haleakala and the West Maui Mountains. This area is commonly called "Central Maui" and it's here most ...