Deepblue82's Traveler Profile
- English and French (and how to be yelled at in many)
- Favourite quote
- "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
- Interests and hobbies
- connecting with the global community
- One thing I want to do before I die
- Set sail from the Tierra del Fuego off the tip of Argentina toward the Lemaire Channel and finally ... to set foot on the Palmer Land peninsula of the last great unexplored continent on earth - Antarctica
- My friends describe me as
- ... not home
Recent Entries by Deepblue82
Traces of Liechtenstein - Feb 5, 2010
An idyllic winter's respite from a busier week spent in Swabian Germany for business. One of the hidden gems for travelers seeking Europe in the winter is the calm, solitude, and the ability to - j...
The fun of Swabian-style Germany (again) - Feb 6, 2010
A well-worn business traveler's path to southern Germany. The Swabian culture and traditions are always friendly and well-received.
The great camel trek into the Sahara - Nov 7, 2008
The monkey girls could *************tained from running out to claim their preferred camel companion, anticipating their Saharan adventure. Their Touareg Berber guide, Mohammed, a young and amiable...