Dani.bora's Traveler Profile
- Writer, photographer, layout artist, traveler, chef,...independet thinker.
- Favourite music
- Some out of many artists I love: Pink Floyd, Beatles, Dave Matthews, Cat Power, Thievery Corp., 99 Posse....
- Favourite movie
- The Royal Tenenbaums, Fight Club, Nick Broomfield's documentaries, etc...
- English, Italian, a little Spanish, a little French, basic Kiswahili and Amharic
- Favourite quote
- "Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go." -T.S. Eliot
- Interests and hobbies
- Journalism, photography, travelling, cooking, drawing, reading, documentary film-making, conflict, human rights and humanitarian efforts, culture, society, communities, books and music, environment, anthropology, tribes, languages....and more.
- One thing I want to do before I die
- Be at peace with myself.
- Favourite book
- One out of many books I love: Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance
- My friends describe me as
- Stoic, loving, caring, helpful, family.
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- Every moment of my life is amazing, as I am spending every moment learning and enriching myself, thus enriching other people's lives as their energy meets mine.
Hub for all my friends, near and far.
Web site of the magazine I used to work for in the US, now defunct. Check also their blog for some of my posts.
My Flickr account, with pictures viewed by hundreds of thousands of people. Seriously.
My thoughts on the road and at home, and a portfolio of clippings: journalism, photography, design, and what not.
Recent Entries by Dani.bora
News from Sin City - May 13, 2009
Two days can't possibly be enough to explore Jozi - the affectionate nickname that locals have for Johannesburg - but Claire and I have tried our best to get a fleeting grasp of this city, how it w...
Leaving Botswana. - May 12, 2009
After two days of game driving - for a grand total of 40Kms along semi-impassable and bumpy tracks - and two nights spent at our deserted bush campsite, undisturbed except for a few warthogs and a ...
Dani's Very Own DIY Safari - May 11, 2009
It's time for some updates and to recap on a couple of eventful days and nights. Claire and I left Kang on Friday morning and began to make our way towards Gaborone and the South African border, bu...