Crowdywendy's Traveler Profile
- Retired - formerly microbiologist, senior management positions with NSW Agriculture, Executive Director, Australasian Agribusiness Association
- Favourite music
- Smooth music to drive with.
- London, England
- Favourite movie
- Lawrence of Arabia - Version 1
- Favourite quote
- "Shit or Get Off the Pot"
- Interests and hobbies
- Travelling, Writing, Gardening, Fishing, Cooking and Our Cats.
- One thing I want to do before I die
- Live life to its fullest!
- Favourite book
- Right Now: "The Carpet Wars" by Christopher Kremmer
- My friends describe me as
- Stark raving mad. At the best "Over the Top".
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- The absolute ehuphoria of gazing at eleven of the highest peaks in the world during a brilliant dawn from Eagle's Nest in the charming little farming village of Duikar, Hunza District, Gilgit-Baltistan, North Pakistan.
Recent Entries by Crowdywendy
To Zagora: Deserts, Floods and Hostile Borders - May 22, 2014
Alan was feeling very much worse for wear after the rugged off-road journey to Ouzina the day before and found it difficult even getting out of bed. Deep black-purple parallel bruising was now appa...
Ouzina - A Desert Town With No Streets - May 21, 2014
"Chewing on a piece of grass, walking down the road... And the free wind is blow'n through your hair.." It was a bit hard to chew on a piece of grass because there wasn't any. But an early morning...
Happy in the Sahara: Desert Foxes & Fossils - May 20, 2014
There is no doubt about it, we love the desert. And being true desert freaks, we are the happiest when we are far off the beaten track in a wild desert environment. Previous travels had led us...