Crowdywendy's Traveler Profile
- Retired - formerly microbiologist, senior management positions with NSW Agriculture, Executive Director, Australasian Agribusiness Association
- Favourite music
- Smooth music to drive with.
- London, England
- Favourite movie
- Lawrence of Arabia - Version 1
- Favourite quote
- "Shit or Get Off the Pot"
- Interests and hobbies
- Travelling, Writing, Gardening, Fishing, Cooking and Our Cats.
- One thing I want to do before I die
- Live life to its fullest!
- Favourite book
- Right Now: "The Carpet Wars" by Christopher Kremmer
- My friends describe me as
- Stark raving mad. At the best "Over the Top".
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- The absolute ehuphoria of gazing at eleven of the highest peaks in the world during a brilliant dawn from Eagle's Nest in the charming little farming village of Duikar, Hunza District, Gilgit-Baltistan, North Pakistan.
Recent Entries by Crowdywendy
Palatine: Foundations of the Eternal City of Rome - May 27, 2014
Our very boutique Relais 6 Hotel did everything well. It was a lovely hotel, elegantly appointed with an old worldly yet homely charm. Once a large residence*, the graceful old 1930's building has...
To Zagora: Deserts, Floods and Hostile Borders - May 22, 2014
Alan was feeling very much worse for wear after the rugged off-road journey to Ouzina the day before and found it difficult even getting out of bed. Deep black-purple parallel bruising was now appa...
Finding FedEx Freight For Our Fragile Fossils - May 26, 2014
This was sadly our last day in Morocco. Originally our tour ended in Marrakech but Mohamed had agreed on a business basis to drive us the 250 kilometer trip to Casablanca where we would fly out lat...