Crowdywendy's Traveler Profile
- Retired - formerly microbiologist, senior management positions with NSW Agriculture, Executive Director, Australasian Agribusiness Association
- Favourite music
- London, England
- Favourite movie
- I dislike movies.
- Regrettably, only English
- Interests and hobbies
- Travelling, Writing, Gardening, Fishing, Cooking, Horses and Our Cats.
- One thing I want to do before I die
- Live life to its fullest!
- Favourite book
- Right Now: "Siberia" by Colin Thubron
- My friends describe me as
- Frigg'n mad
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- The absolute euphoria of gazing at eleven of the highest peaks in the world during a brilliant dawn from Eagle's Nest in the charming little farming village of Duikar, Hunza District, Gilgit-Baltistan, North Pakistan.
Recent Entries by Crowdywendy
To Bayan-Ulgii OR Two Reluctant Campers.... - Jun 7, 2016
FAREWELL DOOGII & ULAANBAATAR Oh, it was such a very short night - and unfortunately a terrible waste of an evening in our very lovely Kempinsky Hotel. We had arrived on our flight from Dala...
Flaming Cliffs: A Paleontologist's Garden of Eden - Jun 6, 2016
I woke up feeling like death. Not only was I suffering from a recurrence of a heavy head cold, I was now besieged by a horrible dose of Travellers' Trots. And for good measure, I was sporting a mos...
Mongolia: A Vast and Starkly Beautiful Country - Jun 2, 2016
FAREWELL BEIJING We knew that Beijing traffic can be horrendous and were pleased we had organised a very early start for our taxi trip to the international airport for our flight to Ulaanbaata...