Conchwillow's Traveler Profile
- Favourite music
- Classical, chill-out, jazz, folk, pop
- Favourite movie
- Little Miss Sunshine, Slumdog Millionaire, It's a Wonderful Life, Priscilla Queen of the Desert
- English, French, Spanish
- Favourite quote
- Better to move slowly forwards than to stand still.
- Interests and hobbies
- Travel, photography, playing piano, food, wine, reading, writing
- One thing I want to do before I die
- Visit all the places I haven't been yet
- Favourite book
- A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- Driving through Kakadu in northern Australia just after dusk, having watched sunset from the top of Ubirr, listening to beautiful piano music.
Recent Entries by Conchwillow
Birds, wine and steaks in Colonia del Sacramento - Nov 9, 2014
Despite calm conditions and a total lack of hijackings and congestion on the River Plate, our ferry from BA to Colonia managed to leave half an hour late and actually lose time during the crossing,...
Return of the Tourists - Cusco to Buenos Aires... - Nov 8, 2014
After fifteen months living in Cusco (give or take a few side trips...) we bid a fond farewell to our Cusco-based Globalteer colleagues. Office mimosas (that's Bucks Fizz for you die-hard Britisher...
Magical Easter Island - Better late than never! - Jul 22, 2013
I am a terrible blogger - unless I am getting paid, and then miraculously I seem to find the time to write half-way decent stuff, edit it, upload it, optimise it for search engines and even add tou...