Cmj's Traveler Profile
- Big data consultant turned vagabond disaster junkie
- Favourite music
- NIN; The Walkmen; Bajofondo; Tracey Thorn; The Knife; New Order; and more
- SW suburbs of Chicago
- Favourite movie
- Charlie Kaufman blows my mind
- English, a little French and Spanish
- Interests and hobbies
- snowboarding, billiards and pool, White Sox Baseball, inline skating
- One thing I want to do before I die
- soar like a bird in a self-propelled human flying machine
- Favourite book
- Black Swan
- My friends describe me as
- somewhere far away
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- After trekking in Nepal for 8 days in almost constant clouds, the skies cleared for two hours just as we reached the summit of Gokyo Ri. Everest and three other 8000m peaks came into view, and we marveled at the top of the world.
Recent Entries by Cmj
Beat down - Jul 25, 2005
I am thoroughly disturbed. I know most of you are chuckling and saying yes, we know. But I'm referring to something I saw this afternoon. Alexsey, Anna's husband who has been a generous and graciou...
A little too quick and very dirty - Feb 11, 2009
Some sad news reached my ears on my birthday when I heard that my grandma Mae had passed. I was unable to return to Chicago in time for the funeral, though I'm not sure it would have offered much c...
The first week of mud - Dec 17, 2008
In my first week in Gonaives, I've contributed more positive work and met more fantastic people than in the rest of my 2008. I'm still a little overwhelmed by all the stimulus, and without much per...