Christyjean's Traveler Profile
- Favourite music
- mostly classical
- Denver, CO
- Favourite movie
- Anne of Green Gables, Pride and Prejudice, Lord of the Rings
- English, Spanish, working on French
- Favourite quote
- "All the darkness in the world cannot put out the light of one small candle.
- Interests and hobbies
- Jesus, traveling, reading, hiking
- One thing I want to do before I die
- Be an extra in an historical film
- Favourite book
- something by C.S. Lewis, Brennan Manning, L.M. Montgomery, J.R.R. Tolkein, Jane Austen, or J.K. Rowling
- My friends describe me as
- adventurous, quiet, determined, intelligent
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- Viewing the Sistene Chapel with my brother and best friend.
This is not actually a travel blog, but it contains stories about the Batwa with whom I sometimes work. You can read more about them than what I've put in my blog at this site.
Recent Entries by Christyjean
End of Burundi Chapter 1 - May 31, 2009
In case those of you who began following my blog in July 2008 had wondered what happened to me, let me try to come up with a semblance of an excuse for why I haven't posted a single word on this bl...
Road trip to Kenya Part 3 - Dec 22, 2008
On Monday after spending the weekend with the Warns (see the previous entry if you don't know who they are), I returned to Kampala on a bus which was luxuriously empty enough for me to have two ent...
Road Trip to Kenya Part 2 - Kisumu - Dec 19, 2008
The portion of the road trip during which I traveled on my own to Kenya began somewhat dubiously as the buses all left Kampala sometime between 6:00 and 7:00 the morning after my party had arrived ...