Charlotte's Traveler Profile
- World Traveller (before I quit my job I was an IT Project Manager)
- Bournemouth, England
- French, Turkish and of course my native tongue English
- Favourite quote
- "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain.
- Interests and hobbies
- Reading, Iyenga hatha yoga, drink tasting nights, visiting new places
- One thing I want to do before I die
- Enjoy my life to the full
- My friends describe me as
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- Living in the moment right now. I quit my job to travel round the world in 2012 and have tried to not go back to conventional life since. Retirement isn't for when your old and can't walk, it's for now. Drink hard, life is cocktails!
After blogging on travelpod.com since it's inception (more than 10 years ago!), I have now setup my own Creative Writing website, where I combine lust of travel and writing together. Please go and check that out too and always I love when people write feedback and comments, else why do I share my experiences.
Photos on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/62798354@N05/sets/72157628802586249/
Recent Entries by Charlotte
Colombian Welcome – Arrivals & Arepas - Nov 27, 2013
Finally I had the welcome to Medellin I was hoping for. I arrived to a posse of Colombians hollering, cheering and shouting for their returning loved ones. When I was passing passport controls I th...
Being a Domestic Goddess/Tourist while Job Hunting - Sep 29, 2012
I think some people would love to know how I have been getting on since I have been back, a kind of status update. So here it is. I like to think that I have become a domestic goddess; cleaning...
Goodbye Letter to my Lost Love - Sep 12, 2012
When will I see you again? No goodbye, no words, not even a kiss. You lured me in, chewed me up, spat me out and lured me in again. I should be angry with you for using me, but I am still infat...